Summer Finds Thus Far...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
That Merchant's is a beauty as well! And that's good that the bird isn't a weed pipe, any idea what it was? Just a figurine I guess? Looked like it had an opening in the top in the picture which is why I thought it might be a weed pipe. Strange thing for someone to have tossed into the lake.
The bird was resting near a private dock on the river bottom, so I assumed it was either dropped or thrown in by the owner. I hazard a guess it was perhaps part of a larger art-deco style piece that was damaged and the bird was no longer wanted. I certainly see all kinds of broken pottery, porcelain and other items down there. The pioneers had no issue with tossing their refuse into the drink - which is good! Modern garbage is of course not good, except perhaps to future treasure hunters - imagine someone in the distant future being enthralled with finding a stubby beer bottle!

Fenndango

Reaction score
Personally I find quite a few of the weed pipes. I think they have all been broken, which would make sense.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
The bird was resting near a private dock on the river bottom, so I assumed it was either dropped or thrown in by the owner. I hazard a guess it was perhaps part of a larger art-deco style piece that was damaged and the bird was no longer wanted. I certainly see all kinds of broken pottery, porcelain and other items down there. The pioneers had no issue with tossing their refuse into the drink - which is good! Modern garbage is of course not good, except perhaps to future treasure hunters - imagine someone in the distant future being enthralled with finding a stubby beer bottle!
Was out this morning along a creek bank & thought to myself..... It's gonna be a sad day when 100 yrs from now.... Future hunters maybe happy to find plastic bottles. The Creeks are littered with them. The more I go Creeking, I find more plastic than glass. It will indeed be a sad day!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky