Summer Marsh Dig pt. 1

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GEEMAN

Reaction score
GOOD GRIEF! I don't get it. Why is it that some folks feel it's their duty to be a PIA like that? It must be in their DNA or something.

Anyhow, NICE finds guys. I think it would be a blast mucking around for bottles like that. Can you show any pics of the flats ( without giving away the spot )you are hunting ?

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
Mucking about is right! Thick, stinking, oozing mud that threatens to suck off your footwear at every step. A number of times I got my foot stuck and had to slowly work to break the suction for a minute or more until it finally worked free. Not a spot for the faint of heart.

Taylor is the photo guy, so hopefully he has one of the mud flats. He went again on Sunday by himself and claims to have found some pretty decent stuff. I expect to see a Part II with pictures pretty soon.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Whats a DEM agent for us not from that state? Maybe not a good idea to go by yourself, may get stuck in there. LEON.

madman

Reaction score
hey what ya doing in there or down there, or they just stare, good god leave us alone, cops sheriff choppers wth were just digging freaking bottles! great finds!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Guessing its Dept of Environmental Management or something foolish like that.
Agencies like that always complain they don't have enough people to get their work done but they have people to chase down mucking bottle diggers?

GEEMAN

Reaction score
LOL Yeah, did my share of mucking around while duck hunting some of the marshes around here. The smell is unforggetable. MANY close calls but no lost boots or mud baths thankfully.

Cool finds guys.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter