Sundays Digging.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: brokenshovel

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

I have never done any gluing of broken privy objects. Sorry, but it just doesn't interest me. If it's whole it's kept, otherwise they just get tossed back in with the rest of the fill. Same for pipe bowls, unless they are face pipes or of the stemless variety. If the stem is gone, the pipe is returned.

I don't do to much of the "gluing back" but I like to see the finished pieces of others,its like a internet museum,something I dont do,but cool to look at [:D]

I'm sort of a puzzle or building freak. I was one of those kids that took everything apart and put it back together. Now on the side I restore cars, make motorcycles etc so I love to put things back together.

99% of my glue backs are given away.
Do I like historical flasks? Yes, but would I spend the $$$ on a Corn for the World flask? No. So Now I have one somebody may find interesting and when I give it to them it helps me get calls or other bottles because they remember when I gave it to them.

Here's one of my mechanical "glue backs"

Funny part about this bike is it has changed hands three times since I sold it and now belongs to the President of the Baltimore Antique Bottle Club

E5160E9CBD284288A7B84A8D3434A52C.jpg

Who owns that now?

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Obviously, you're not going to just start digging in a yard with a well kept house and people inhabiting it. 

I've done that too![:D][:D]

appliedlips

Reaction score
Nothing worse than finding out a vacant isn't really vacant.[:D]

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
A buddy and I once dug a pit under a house where people were walking around above us. The house had been added onto and the addition covered the oldest privy. Chairs were scraping around and you could hear them eating lunch. It was nerve wracking but sure worth it at the time. Several killer whiskeys in that thing. They never had a clue.

pjritter

Reaction score

A buddy and I once dug a pit under a house where people were walking around above us. The house had been added onto and the addition covered the oldest privy. Chairs were scraping around and you could hear them eating lunch. It was nerve wracking but sure worth it at the time. Several killer whiskeys in that thing. They never had a clue.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pjritter

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
If I had waited several years we could've dug that privy with ease 'cause the house was torn out. Oh well, if we hadn't hit it someone else sure would have. A brew pub now sits on the site, so I can go back and drink a few to the memory of the dig.

pjritter

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: pjritter

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
If I had waited several years we could've dug that privy with ease 'cause the house was torn out. Oh well, if we hadn't hit it someone else sure would have. A brew pub now sits on the site, so I can go back and drink a few to the memory of the dig.

I remember one time digging with chris behind a board up. He went aound the side to take a pee and some dude came running out the side of the house asking him how he would feel if he did that next to his house. Chris apologized and we returned to digging the pit in the guys back yard!! He still had no idea.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75