super secret cleaning method

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grizz44

Reaction score
OK I know you guys wish this would just go away but I'm with Ben on this one. I want something to easily clean a bottle that I can just spray it on and wipe it off. Not a sick one, if a bottle is sick, it's sick. But you know that milky haze that looks like you could rub it off with a little spit on your finger and no matter what you do it keeps coming back?

Well hang in there fellas, I've been workin on it. So far I've tried Limaway, CLR, Drano, coca cola, pepsi, bleach, finger nail polish remover with acetone, Limaway and bleach, cat litter and vineger, rust remover, engine degreaser, chrome polish, rust remover and lemon juice, rust remover and vineger and finally ground up banana peels and pepper. ( I saw a guy shine his shoes on tv once with a banana peal )
Sorry to say my results have been inconclusive thus far.

saki.jpg

If only Mcguyver was still around! Anyway I'm changing course and now believe that I am closing in on the answer.
"Reverse Electro Plating" !!
Does anyone know if battery acid can eat glass?
I'll keep you updated.

Chuck

cyberdigger

Reaction score
If you want an easy way to clear up sickness, get a can of water-based clear gloss polyurethane, a coat hanger, a cotton ball, and a rubber band and swab the interior.. if it's sick outside, spray it with a spray can of the same stuff.. it's cheating, but if you mention it at the time of sale it's OK.. the water-based stuff will tumble off pretty easily..

grizz44

Reaction score
Yeah I was just making fun of myself. I spent the last two days experimenting on this little clear owl bottle and was running out of stuff to try when I came across a half bottle of battery acid. Started to pour it in and came to my senses. Thought it was kinda funny so figured I'd vent.

Chuck

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I want something to easily clean a bottle that I can just spray it on and wipe it off. Not a sick one, if a bottle is sick, it's sick. But you know that milky haze that looks like you could rub it off with a little spit on your finger and no matter what you do it keeps coming back?

I find Bar Keeper's friend works well for me on lime/calcium stained glass. Its relatively safe too.
It uses the organic Oxalic Acid.
Doing the inside is just a bit tricky.
As you noted it is impossible to clean a sick bottle. Once the surface is gone, its gone.

Reaction score
I wonder if bong cleaner would work there are several on the market that do the job well formula 420 and many others.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Yeah, bong cleaner that's the secret!

ORIGINAL: silverminerich

I wonder if bong cleaner would work there are several on the market that do the job well formula 420 and many others.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I don't have a bong, nor any bong cleaner, but it'd certainly be worth a try... The idea is the same, so you might get similar results.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
I dont use it on my prized blobs because I like to leave the original look but there is one sure fire method that never let me down (used on medicines a few years ago, dont do it anymore because i live in an apartment and there are fumes)

C.L.R.! [:D] (im being serious though it does work

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson