target balls or christmas balls?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hed11877

Reaction score
anyone know???
DSCN2693.JPG

capsoda

Reaction score
Christmas balls, Christmas balls, you got big red ........it is a family Christmas song. [sm=lol.gif]I guess I'd better knock that off. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

tigue710

Reaction score
where did you find them? They look like modern floats... I have a friend who collects floats and she said to look out for all the colors you have there, as they are modern.. On the other hand if they are open where those knobs are, that is if they are not pontils, then they would be x-mas ornaments....

logueb

Reaction score
They be purdy what eber they is. I likes them a lot. [:)][:)][:)][:D][:D][:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think they're floats. The stain on the bottom might actually be the top. The weight of the net would keep most of it under water, The top would get more permenant stain with some air exposure. Are there signs of net marks?
I don't know how they could be attatched to a tree but I'd like to learn if someone knows.
Just a thought.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Are they really thin or are they kinda thick and heavy???

That's really the question that a photo cant answer. Christmas ornaments are really too thin to be used for much other than hanging on xmas trees. It should be fairly obvious if that is the case from thier weight. Net floats need to be heavy enough glass to survive a lot of abuse. Also I think all the net floats I have seen have been sealed at both ends. Those look sealed but I cant tell by the photo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc