Target balls WANTED

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

trapboy

Reaction score
WANTED: Target balls. Anything and everything. Newer collector so I have lots of gaps to fill. I certainly appreciate any assistance from you guys!Rick

hemihampton

Reaction score
What's a Target Ball. Do you have a Picture? THANKS, LEON.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Target balls are colorful glass balls usually with a burst lip. They were used as targets like clay discs are used today for shooters. Because they were made to be broken, they are very rare and prized today among collectors. Unusual colors and ones with the embossed company are added bonuses. Here's a picture courtesy of american bottle.com
GroupPromo.jpg

trapboy

Reaction score
Thanks Bellwoodboys for the response. I just hadn't gotten back on the forum to respond yet. Ummm...yeah, I'd be pretty happy with most anything in that photograph!!! :) Heck...I'll take two or three of most of those balls if possible.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Interesting. Where are such things found? LEON.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Me too, they are all so nice! If you are in the Baltimore area it's almost guaranteed someone will be selling target balls at the Baltimore bottle show. And I've always been curious about that too hemihampton, I'm pretty sure they can be found in dumps but very few and far between.

trapboy

Reaction score
Icollectfruitjars...if you actually have one for sale, just PM me. I'm curious to see what you have. I won't be making it down to Baltimore unfortunately, but I know there will be target balls there. I will have to put it on my calendar for next year. As for where target balls are found....ebay is one place. They have been dug. They have also been found in barrels in old barns. I've heard of a few being mixed in with Christmas ornaments as well. I seem to have the best luck buying from other collectors though, which is why I started this post. Hoping some bottle collectors out there might have a ball or two that they are not all that attached to. I'm interested. [:)]

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide