Tetanus Shot question...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dawny

Reaction score
my question is (and it might be silly) But do you have to get cut then worry about getting the Tetanus shot or can you just go to the Dr and say "shoot me Doc, its been 10 yrs" ?

I think I may have found a tiny dump site , and I don't want to go digging in it with out getting this shot as im pretty sure my 10 yrs is up ..lol call me paranoid if you want, but I think "better safe then sorry"
There is too much YUK buried in our earth to take chances. IMO.

-dawn

scduckett

Reaction score
Hi Dawny,
You can go to your doctor and ask for one if it's been ten years. People usually mistakenly wait UNTIL they get that boo-boo to worry about it but that's probably not the best thing to do. Nurses are routinely asked if they have had one in the last ten years at each yearly physical to protect them from all the nasties they encounter in their jobs (not just needle sticks!)
Susan

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Great topic! Yes, definitely call your Dr. office and ask for one. You might just be able to get the nurse to give it to you, not have to pay for a full office visit. Suggest you plan to get it a few days to a week ahead of your planned digging day, might possibly get a little soreness in the arm if it's been a long time since your last one.

Pontiled

Reaction score
Please note that I do not mean this a medical advice (keeps me from being sued!). Now, with that said, the tetanus shot is intended to last 10 years, but most people don't remember something like a shot for 10 years. Ask yopur physician and get one! There may be a little discomfort from the shot, but the discomfort is nothing compared to getting tetanus. You will feel better knowing you have a shot.

Pontiled

Reaction score
Sorry about the poor spelling! (and I'm supposed to be a journalist now).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen