the bottle graveyard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jme_jett

Reaction score
this is the dump ive been digging at. as you can see its a large mound of broken glass and rubble. they must have burned it for hours at a time because some of it is twisted chunks of glass melted together. the owner of the property is very cool and thinks we are crazy. he told us that there used to be a gas station and a hotel nearby. that explaines why we dig up alot of car parts. this place is my escape from the unending stress of life. i think about it every day and dig here every chance i get. thank you for letting me share.

Rp42380.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42380.jpg
    Rp42380.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 89

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi jme_jett, i sure can relate to the unending everday stress. the area i'm digging is in the woods and very peaceful. on sunday's i dig with my husband, on tues. after taking care on things for my mother (81) i than go by my self. and it's great to come back in share with everyone here. keep digging, rhona

madman

Reaction score
omg jamie that is beautiful!!! that is one awsome dump! man im speechless!!! hey rohna and jamie ino what yer talking about! i dig in a wooded area near a river its so peacefull i love nature mike happy diggin yall!!!

jme_jett

Reaction score
i really appreciate all of your replies. this place is very special to me and if anyone of you ever visits cali i would be thrilled to have you dig till your hearts content! there are still parts of this monster that havent been touched yet! the camera i used was a cheap one but you can see the layers.

Hf98356.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98356.jpg
    Hf98356.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 92

jme_jett

Reaction score
the right side is a sharp incline of bushes and shrubs (you can see the shadows) on the other side at the bottom of the decline is the 5 freeway sometimes called the grapevine.

Pn36939.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36939.jpg
    Pn36939.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 78

Toxic_Waste

Reaction score
jme_jett: check your inbox for a message. thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday