The bottles of Warsaw Indiana

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wallaman

Reaction score
gdog68. Very impressive display. I was an on and off digger back in late 1960's - 1970's. Originally from Fort Wayne, I walked plowed fields along the three rivers looking for Indian artifacts and digging dumps along the river banks. In 1983 we purchased a property on the east side of Clear Lake (Fremont) and have lived here since then. For the past few weeks I have been cleaning all the treasures from my digging days that I have had stacked away in my old barn. It's amazing how dirty they can get in 50+ years. I had forgotten what all I had and it is exciting to relive the experience. So far I have cleaned probably 1,500 bottles. A lot of Fort Wayne bottles but none from Warsaw.

gdog68

Reaction score
Awsome, cleaning 1500 bottles must have taken a while. I occasionally like to walk fields in search of artifacts but haven't had much luck. I usually like snorkeling the eel or tippecanoe river and have found some nice blobs and hand blown bottles doing that. Haven't done much on the three rivers in the fort. Do you know of any locations I can take my dingy boat??

Wallaman

Reaction score
gdog68. As of today I still have probably 200 - 300 more bottles to do, then maybe 50 - 60 cold cream jars and maybe 50 fruit jar glass/zinc/pottery lids to do. I have about 30+ that have rust and other stains that I am going to try using some muratic acid to clean. I haven't lived in Fort Wayne since 1993 so I have no idea about the condition of the rivers. As far as a place for your dingy boat, there are lakes here in Steuben county but I don't know the history on them. In Hamilton, Indiana at Hamilton Lake there was a bar right on the lake dating back I believe to maybe early 1900's. May be a place to snorkel.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen