the CHUCKLES CLEANING METHOD

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
RE: the CHUCKLES CLEANING METHODâ„¢

[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

I meant anyone's forearm... Hey, maybe I'll find a pipe as thick as his forearm...

hulk-hogan.jpg

carobran

Reaction score

where can i get the copper wire and what size should i get,also where can i get muriatic acid[8|]

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score

It that just soap and water in the second picture??

Thanks!

cyberdigger

Reaction score

It's Barkeeper's Friendâ„¢ and water.. just a teaspoonful.

surfaceone

Reaction score

I can personally attest to the efficacy of The Chuckles Method! It's as high tech a cleaning method as I can muster myself, with powerful forearm benefits, that often transforms gnarly yucky bottles that brushes just can't touch.

Chuck is a credit to bottle cleaners everywhere. His cleaning method has a low copper footprint. Get's your glass as sparkly as can be, short of a roll in the tubes. What I like, is that your bottles will retain that old dug bottle feel and look. For me that's a good thing. I've started to go back and do the Chuckles Method on the legion of not quite clean enough dug bottles in what passes as my collection. A paste made with Barkeepers Friend works wonders on those pesky rust spots, I might add.

Some of the ACL guys say that the paste method is good for cleaning stained paint. I've got some stained paint, but thus far haven't had the nerve to try it.

bkfriend.jpg

carobran

Reaction score

its very good for cleaning stained acls[sm=lol.gif]

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score

Ok, last night I used this and it didn't really do much on my hutch bottles, but i tried it again today on a smaller med bottle and it did a great job. I believe the only reason it didn't work on the bigger bottles was I didn't have enough copper. I'm shocked at how well it worked on the rust and stains.

Thanks for the tip, it's the best thing I've tried outside of tumbling. I had enough copper to fill the small bottle half way up, and that was the difference. I'm sure with more copper it will do the same for my bigger bottles.

cyberdigger

Reaction score

The testimonies are much appreciated, as are any other observations, advises, and critiques.. [:)]

I don't use much copper, I worry that too much might cause breakage during shakeage.. instead, I've been getting results with less by using more of a swirling motion, rather than shaking aimlessly. Get that copper riding around smoothly.. this is easier if you don't put much water in there either. It's easier on the muscles and joints, too. get into a rhythm, do it as a parallel activity to something.. but make a commitment to at least 15 minutes for the sick ones. If you're just cleaning dirt out, you can see when it's clean.. the BKF foam makes a great backdrop for scrutinizing the interior of the bottle.
One other helpful tip: it works better if you marinate the bottle by filling it with water the previous day.

geezer39

Reaction score

Rather than copper wire, I used some small(less than 1/4' diameter) rough glass balls that are used in aquarium filters. Put in Joy dishwashing soap but I think we have an ancient can of Barkeepers under the kitchen sink. Will try that next with little rough glass balls. Will let you know what happens. Pat

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score

I'm finding that if I use more copper (I fill the bottle half way up) It takes less powerful shaking, the weight of the copper does the work instead of shaking all crazy and it's not as hard on your arm. With the lighter shaking I believe it takes away the chance of breaking the bottle too.

It really works for me, thanks again for the idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler