the end

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

card

Reaction score
That sure is a different Phillips. All the bottles are nice. Why won't you dig there anymore, Mike?

madman

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for the replys yea the phillips is cool!! im not going into details about the weirdness, there are years of digging left in that place! i may go back some day happy hunting yall mike

IRISH

Reaction score
Get "wierd stuff" of a tomato like plant happening in the bush here sometimes [;)] , pity you can't finish it off. not worth carring a six shooter (or whatever your preference is) and just digging it anyhow?

madman

Reaction score
hey irish, it would take years to finish it off, the area is not that great, and my city just got a new police chief!!! and hes cracking down, in the bad areas of the city unfortunately thats where the dump is, lots of gang activity, drugs basicly i was asked to leave by police i may have found another dump mike

tombstone

Reaction score
There's a new sheriff in town boys... We're gonna clean this place up, starting with those nasty bottle diggers desecrating our beautiful dumps... Sounds like some of the officers I know.

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey nice finds mike .sorry to hear its the end of that dig .iam sure youll find a new spot soon good luck diggen.bill

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
That stuff's pretty new, Mike. I'd move on fast to a much older area, if possible. Call me crazy, but if ABM s show up I fillerin' and head out. Got no time for that kind of glass.

Mike

madman

Reaction score
HEY MIKE I UNDERSTAND ! the only dumps ive found are 1900s and up, like i said before everone does not have an 1800s dump to dig, i collect abms also bims best of luck on all your digs mike

IRISH

Reaction score
I dig everything up to the 1930's unless there is better pickings on the go, it is surprising how many older bottles come out of more modern tips.

I've even dug in a gully filled with 1940's fill, horrible to dig in and I left 99% of the bottles in the tip but there where some good 1900's era stuff mixed though. We dug there due to a newbie who knew no better digging a test hole and finding a couple of damaged cordials that are worth around $400 each mint, no more surfaced though [:mad:] .

madman

Reaction score
hey irish, yea 30tys is about it for me also, ive no where theres a large 40tys dump and ive dug there, found massive amounts of cans and plain jane jars , although found some cool sodas and milks, rare local stuff, and believe it or not some hutches and midjets, it seems that in the 40s and 50s people tended burn everthing, ive really been racking my brain where to find that old 1800s dump mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete