"The first bottle ever made on American soil."

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hello,
I tried for some time to raise enough money for this........and I did, but the seller wouldn't ship. The seller stated: Ships to: Local pickup only (no shipping)
So I missed out.

Now to be serious: I was wondering if anyone saw this auction. Catch it while you can, because it should be deleted soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2575817070&category=1217

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Thats amazing! Even with my limited knowledge, I would know to start the bidding at 1.5 mil! [;)]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Call me a skeptic[&:] But why would a bottle of that distinction be on ebay? It certainly looks like a greeat old bottle, but I would want to see some serious documentation. Why isn't it in a museum? What do all you black glass - demijon people think?[8D]

deepwoods

Reaction score
In case anyones interested,I have this bridge just outside of NYC Im going to be auctioning off soon...

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I think it's an "inside" joke, Brian. The eBay insertion fee is only $4.80. It is all in fun for a few people. I think it is more parody than fraud.

-----Harry Pristis

baltbottles

Reaction score
even if this was a joke the seller would really be screwed if someone with a fake id bid on the bottle then not paid cause even at 1% the final value fee would have been over $20k and any one here that selles on ebay knows how much effort it is to get a refund cause of a non paying bidder.

Chris

bigkitty53

Reaction score
If that's not a windup it's the most ludricrous fraud I've seen.I'm suprised the glassblower (or who ever commissioned him) didn't have a seal applied with '1492' on it! Wrong shape for the era,kickups wouldn't appear for almost another century,manganese,(if that IS actually amythest) another 3, and what the HELL was Christopher Columbus and/or his crew doing blowing bottles in America on an exploratory/trading trip?

L.O.L! Do you suppose the seller has a 1492 dictionary for sale as well?Betcha it doesn't have the word,"gullible" in it!

Good laugh Meech!Thanks for posting the link!

KAT

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28