The "Football" size dump first dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Today I broke new ground at the new dump I was excited about. I have to admit it wasn't as awesome as I had hoped, but we definitely had a fun time! The digging was very hard (thanks to rocks, lots of metal, and being out of shape). I was very happy to find a cobalt blue Chemical Industrial Co. R.DeAngelis Providence medicine. They are like the Bromo-Seltzers of RI, only a bit nicer. I ended up finding three of them total. A Dr. Peter Fahrney's Lozogo was a neat find (but not too rare?). My favorite surprise of the day was a nice little Patterson Cabell Co. NY whiskey sampler (I think that's what it is).
I'll definitely be going back!

The day's haul
8662058924_f245eca823_z.jpg

This really neat whiskey sampler (?) popped out when I changed my location. I stayed there for the rest of the day [:D]
8662059064_0aa8ed8e7d_z.jpg

My digging partner Leona (msLeonas) found this killer tobacco sign! Has anyone seen one before?
8662059722_01669f04ee_z.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Did you make these kind of noises when you found that
"R.DeAngelis Providence medicine" I hope not lol

these dudes are out of their freakin minds.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhyeahhhhhhhhhh me to! yeahhhhhhhhhhh! a presadents!!! yeahhhhhhh I told you we were in someone elses back fill!!! yeahhhhhhhh ooooooooooooiieeeeeeeeyeahhhhhhh wow

http://youtu.be/wTVTIQe0RJc

Nice little L leg whiskey

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Great potential half the fun is never knowing what might pop out. Maybe you could recycle the metal? Great sign find!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Ricky quit pickin on those boys, Bill is a great relic hunter. I got to admit its funny to watch but believe it or not that's genuine excitement! I'd hate to see what happens if they found a puce double eagle[:D]

P.S. He's also a regular contributor to Western & Eastern Treasures magazine.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Lol Rick! Believe it or not, this is the same dump they were digging at! Whether or not they had permission from the current owner's now deceased uncle I do not know, but we have permission and waivers, etc. We're setting aside all the scrap metal for him as part of our agreement.

I've met Howard before (the guy who reacts like each bottle is a puce Eagle). He's a great guy, very knowledgeable on coins, buttons, relics etc., but he's new to bottles. [;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

Ricky quit pickin on those boys, Bill is a great relic hunter. I got to admit its funny to watch but believe it or not that's genuine excitement! I'd hate to see what happens if they found a puce double eagle[:D]

P.S. He's also a regular contributor to Western & Eastern Treasures magazine.

Im not pickin on Bill its the Howard guy thats doing it lol. If he found the eagle his head might have blown off. ooooooooyeaaaaaaaaaa! aaaaaaaaaaaaah! (((Boom)))

Im sure some of the stuff I do on my vids bug people but I dont care[:D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RIBottleguy

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Lol Rick! Believe it or not, this is the same dump they were digging at! Whether or not they had permission from the current owner's now deceased uncle I do not know, but we have permission and waivers, etc. We're setting aside all the scrap metal for him as part of our agreement.

I've met Howard before (the guy who reacts like each bottle is a puce Eagle). He's a great guy, very knowledgeable on coins, buttons, relics etc., but he's new to bottles. [;)]

Im sure they had permission. Didn't they?

plehbah

Reaction score
I think a dump like that is worth it just for the potential to find more signs like that. That looks like it will clean up really nice. Little cuties like the whiskey sampler will just have to be something you learn to settle for in the meantime.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson