THE HOLY GRAIL OF DUMPS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
I found the best dump of my life this weekend. I decided to explore a creek across from a few colonial homes in my town. There was a 50 foot sloping hill leading to the creek, and it was all overgrown with prickers and vines. I walked the entire river, and right when i was ready to leave i saw a bottle neck sticking out of the ground. I immediately identified it as old from about 50 feet away. I ran over and pulled it out... an Indian Cough Cure for Consumption bottle, nice! The ground was eroding here, and I began seeing other necks poking out with a few surface shards present as well. I went home and got the clippers and hand shovel. Four hours later I had recovered over 200 bottles, and not even a whiff of TOC stuff. All 1860-1890's, pontiled bases, local meds, master inks, doll heads! At one point there were bottles literally falling out of the hillside, more bottles than glass. And i've only done about 1/3 of it!!!!! I'm taking a day off work this week to go back. I'll post a picture of all of them when i'm done.

passthebottle

Reaction score
I remember the time ...... ohhh they are just distant now...... BUT YOUR LIVING THE DREAM!!!! WoW!

sha11s

Reaction score
Sounds really cool! Can't wait to see some pics!

Dugout

Reaction score
Bet ya don't sleep worth a darn for a few nights!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I'm getting flash backs of a few smaller dumps I dug that match that description.
Yours sounds a LOT bigger.Good luck. Don't for get to bring the camera next time your walking to the dump.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen