THE HOLY GRAIL OF DUMPS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
Guys I got the day off from work tomorrow! I'll bring the camera and take some pics and videos of the site and the recoveries. I'm hoping for a few whole pontils. I cleaned some up tonight and i'll take a current group shot soon. i'd wait to the end but it'll take me weeks to classify this spot as "fully dug".

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
Hi guys, finally some pictures. I went back yesterday and took home another 30 or so keepers. Here are pictures of some of them. I haven't clearned any yet so bare with me. The Dr. Wheatley base is pontiled in the picture. How creepy is that doll head!!! The eye is handblown, you should see the detail in the iris. I'll be going back saturday and sunday for sure!!! Total bottle count is near 300. My brother took home 60 the other day.

groupshot.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score
Holy crap you weren't kidding!

That is one righteous load of bottles man, congrats! Looks like you got a million Kilmers bottles which are always fun, and I am sure some less common goodies too. Any local druggists, sodas or beers pop out?

Also, not to notpick, but it looks like the dump was used up to the TOC and perhaps a little while afterward. Doesn't make it any less of a killer dump. Obviously the pontils show that it has some stellar age. Have you been digging deep in the bottom of the layer searching for the oldest things which might not be part of the main bottleiferous strata?

Keep it up man!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
I agree with you Plumbata, my first post was after my first time out, and for some reason all of the oldest bottles came from the first place I dug. I agree it was used up to TOC, found a few Baker's Extracts and Castorias. Yes found about 10-15 local druggists, no whole sodas but plent of broken really crude blobs. The big green bottle I believe was a master ink, any input from anyone?

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
I have dug deep in spots, and there's still stuff coming out. There's plenty of bottles left there. My right hand is basically unusable today... dug for hours yesterday with a hand trowel.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
boy howdy.... you got these guys drooling ... i don't collect those types and i'm thrilled for you. great finds just seem to be well fallen into .

glass man

Reaction score
WOW!!! PLEASE THE BOTTLE ON THE FRONT RIGHT WITH THE FUNKY NECK,DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS AND DO IT HAVE ANY EMBOSSING? MAN HOPE YOU GET A THOUSAND PLUS OUTTA THERE! JAMIE

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the other pontiled base. The bottle wall thickness was thin! Also here's a picture of the green master ink (atleast I thin it was a master ink, the inside had a slight black stain when I pulled her out).

MASTERINKBOTTOM.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen