THE HOLY GRAIL OF DUMPS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
haha, sorry. i'm a newly converted digger. I really just started getting into this this year. I've always been an avid metal detector, but I have to say i've been bitten by the bottle bug, and i like it even more than detecting. This was my first really good dump find, so i might have been overzealous.

i'll be back there tomorrow (deer hunting looks like a bust w/ all of this rain coming in tonight in the NE) and probably sunday too. i'll be going deeper this time. wish me luck!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Welcome to the the bottle digging world. I gotta say you are most fortunate to have this very bountiful introduction to the sport. You have just begun, and in a short amount of time have amassed a collection. A lot of the talented diggers here abouts are all sayin, "DAYUM, that guy shore hit it big!" You sure did! Keep digging and follow the layers.

In a spare moment could you catalog some/all of your finds. I think you have a unique portrait of a period of time in that location, as told in glass. I, for one, would like to hear and see more. What are some of your favorite bottles thus far? There is several lifetimes of digging information in the surrounding pages.

I'm sure you're bit bad by the bottle bug now. You may know from the plethora of responses, that this is an enthusiastic and encouraging bunch here. I'm sure you will have some questions and find that the folks here are very pleased to share their experience and expertise.

Thanks for starting this dialogue. Hurry up and take some more pictures.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen