Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

The Long Branch collection:

Wheelah23

Aug 9, 2010
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
I really love the squat crown on the right!

I really love the blob on the right! Looks mint, and has really cool embossing!

The one with the ship is really awesome!

What's up with the one on the right? Irradiated? Sick? I can't even tell...

!

cyberdigger

Nov 29, 2008
NJ
All the C A List bottles I've seen are clear, or were at one point. The one on the right is SCA and yes, it's sick.
The sailboat slug is from a local purchase, the Sacco Co with the funky 4 was off the bay.. and the little John Heldt crown was dug up with about a dozen of its fellows on one dig day, they're like little hand grenades, more glass than space for contents.. [;)]

Steve/sewell

Jan 23, 2010
Very nice collection Chuck,I also like the Hirschfelds variants.I will comb through my attic boxes in the spring, I know I have a Long Branch blob somewhere for you. Quick question , How tall is the quart on the left it looks to be about 40 mini venetian blinds tall or three ogee coves and a two half round finishers tall? Just curious?[;)]

Steve/sewell

Jan 23, 2010
I was thinking the same thing but I wasnt quite sure.Thanks for the precise measurements.Honestly I still think it may be .18 MVBs or 3 OGEE coves tall can you confirm.

cyberdigger

Nov 29, 2008
NJ
I'm currently away from that facility but will confirm next opportunity Steve for now I'm thinking 5 coves even..

Steve/sewell

Jan 23, 2010
One could also argue that infact it could very well be 2 dentals and one chair rail tall by a case and cove wide,yes?

cyberdigger

Nov 29, 2008
NJ
I won't argue with that, but I've seen some DCM/CR/BB's in Manalapan that make this look like a salesman's sample of a baby doll feeder..

Steve/sewell

Jan 23, 2010
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

that make this look like a salesman's sample of a baby doll feeder..So thats what my wife was reffering to when she said salesmans sample of a baby doll feeder.HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM[:mad:]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newoldagain