The new creamer :)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Grey in the glass is a VERY good thing Amelung had tons of grey tint in his glass products.The more I look at your pitcher the more it looks very old and made from bottle glass suggesting non daily production. Check out this post Jen.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Amelung-or-other-early-Maryland-glass-works-vase%25/m-339603/tm.htm

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
I just read an article that said they only produced glass for 10 years because he went bankrupt. Wow.... I also saw a photo of a flask attributed to the glass house and it was the same color. Amelung would make sense because the pitcher was purchased from the same area. Hm... blown pieces this old are new to me. I am enjoying reading all this history. I also read that Amelung gave George Washington two glasses with his coat of armor on them and they are currently lost.. Now wouldn't that be cool to find... [;)]

By the way AWESOME vase in mentioned post. I love the style.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
MORE PICTURES please Jen of your pitcher outside basking in the sunlight.[;)]

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
Sorry Steve, I would do so but the creamer is still in the mail. It's due to arrive any day now. I am following it in USPS tracking. The photos I posted were the sellers images that were sent to me. As soon as it arrives I will take extremely detailed photos. I have a great Cannon Rebel and I can get as detailed as you like. Until then I have to wait... [:(] I just checked out the tracking info and the seller is in Westminster which is extremely close to where the old glass houses of Frederick County were.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I have to leave to deliver some work proposals to some prospective clients,but I found more pictures confirming in my mind that your pitcher is in fact very old.I will post them this evening after 8:00 PM Eastern time.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles