The Old Monastery Company

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rahamel

Reaction score
I am looking for information on the above company. I recently purchased a brown Old Monastery Co. bottle. I have found a little information on it. The company was involved in a lawsuit vs the United States in 1945. I have found a small bottle (Nips) on ebay -but, it did not help me in locating any other information about this company. I am attaching a photo of the bottle. It says, "Old Monastery" at the top, and has a raised relief of a monastery at the bottom. Thank you for any help. Rebecca

Jonny396

Reaction score
I am looking for information on the above company. I recently purchased a brown Old Monastery Co. bottle. I have found a little information on it. The company was involved in a lawsuit vs the United States in 1945. I have found a small bottle (Nips) on ebay -but, it did not help me in locating any other information about this company. I am attaching a photo of the bottle. It says, "Old Monastery" at the top, and has a raised relief of a monastery at the bottom. Thank you for any help. Rebecca
I saw your post and know it’s been some time since you posted it, but I was curious to know if you found any information on the bottle? I just recently found a clear glass, 1 quart bottle with the same markings.

dnc3154

Reaction score
I saw your post and know it’s been some time since you posted it, but I was curious to know if you found any information on the bottle? I just recently found a clear glass, 1 quart bottle with the same markings.

Hello there. We have a similar bottle that my son found while metal detecting. It's a brown bottle, says "one quart" on the back and has "Old Monastery" on the front. At the bottom is an etched monastery. I have searched high and low and have only found this post. I have sent this same picture to several bottle groups including a local one and all I have found is it is a whiskey bottle, possibly mid 20th century. Nothing else. Have you had any luck?

dnc3154

Reaction score
Have you learned anything? We have a similar bottle and can't find any info.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen