The well was'nt a well....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
The walls look poured and they're concaved,this is all underground. Glass "guy" on the right a rolled lip food jar,behind a william blaikie utica,ny Rx,1/2 gal the gem,back williams ink? info? ,clear gin,jug,thin jug j.friedrich grosskarban,green in back G De Chartreuse pontil,and the big boy is D W Graves,Westmoreland ny. This was closed up around 1900 the homested was settled 1770s.I'm not going back w/o a pump. I realized I was standing on a butter churn. Oooops

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Glass "guy" on the right a rolled lip food jar,
Guessing here but a wax sealer could have been used or at least discarded in the TOC era. Cobalt on a jug is almost always a good thing and the rest is more than interesting. Close ups of everything would be nice. Congratulations on the whatever it is find.

80D1267A1DC2483EA75F2EB333C52723.jpg

MIssissaugadigger

Reaction score
That is an incredible find!
I would give my eye teeth for that site.
Let's see more please. I am salivating.[:D]
Ken...

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
Throw in the molars I'll give ya a hole, theres three of them. I could use use the teeth more...I miss eating peanuts.

deacon_frost

Reaction score
That cobalt jug is killer, I think if it were me I would get back there pronto before somebody finds it and picks it clean

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
lately I have been back many,many times, I can't wait to really do it. Anybody got a pump...

Plumbata

Reaction score
That is super awesome! Great pics and great discoveries, looks like some top-tier potential in that, uhm, whatever that watery chamber thing is. [8D]

I'm sure that many of us would love to see some close-ups or other related pictures, but whatever the case I hope you get back there, dig it out 100%, and find some beautiful rarities.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
hi Dumpdiver, a small portable generator and sump pump ought to work. I would love to see the embossing on some of those bottles in the back. Great finds!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib