These PA hutches good?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slag pile digger

Reaction score
Phillip, My brother in laws name is John Thornton, if your interested in letting the hutch from brownsville go i might be interested. Let me know. thanks Michael

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: slag pile digger

Phillip, My brother in laws name is John Thornton, if your interested in letting the hutch from brownsville go i might be interested. Let me know. thanks Michael
I think he is trying to find out what he has before he even thinks about if he wants to sell it, least I would want to know the retail value if I was thinking about selling a bottle...

wvhillbilly

Reaction score
I searched these bottles again this morning and didnt come up with any more than before, except that a john thornton owned a bottling co in VA. I will sell the bottles, but since I cant find any info I will start the bottles on ebay to see if theres a couple serious collectors needing an uncommon bottle for their collection. Im hoping on getting them listed this week, but its hard to tell with work and all. I will start them at $14.99 ea and see how they go. I will be sure to let you know when I get them up.
Thanks for the help guys.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
sometimes I get the feeling that every person in PA was required by law to bottle thier own beer/soda in the 1890s.
Seems like there is a never ending stream of different names and towns.

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

sometimes I get the feeling that every person in PA was required by law to bottle thier own beer/soda in the 1890s.
Seems like there is a never ending stream of different names and towns.
I am from south central Pa an I do believe every or almost every town no matter how small had a bottling company

privvydigger

Reaction score
we dig allot of outhouses in our area, I can count on one hand how many Coca-Cola bottles were dug and out of those 5 or so only one of those was a straight sided amber Coke. Compared to thousands of local bottles. Loyalty to local stores, soda/beer distributors, pharmacies and drug stores was a way of life. Ethnicity played a big roll to in fact when we're digging Irish you know what street your on in any town by the old maps

LtlBtl

Reaction score
In my very limited experience, Western PA hutches are hurt in collectablility because of sheer volume. There are over 3000 PA hutches. If they aren't colored or pictorial, at least for Pittsburg(h) and surrounding towns, they are 10-20.00 on most days. Small towns are usually closer to top end, depending on their current economics. The two towns you have are more locally known for meth and oxy than for bottle collecting. West Brownsville was a whiskey town.
There are always rarities and someone wanting something just because to push up that price but as guideline it is pretty accurate. I don't collect hutches per se and those are out of my neighborhood so I can't speak to their specific rarity/value.
Hope that it helped but i doubt it did very much

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229