thousands of soda bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

12meyer

Reaction score
I will let the shipping guy know about the rate difference. Sometimes that one extra tips the scales and we are charged for another pound. Good idea for the flat rate at that point, thanks!

grime5

Reaction score
where are you located? i emailed you about some bottles later greg

wonkapete

Reaction score
Funny. I offered fair offers on a couple bottles that didn't sale and the offers were denied. I've been buying bottles for 25 yrs and know fair prices. Another case of a non-bottle collector thinking he knows more about bottles than a seasoned bottle collector. No hard feelings though, cause there's pleny of other sellers out there!! :)

green dragon

Reaction score
well, came back from the weekend away and I have now won 18 bottles from here, and was quoted over 60.00 to ship ...... OUCH !

waiting on that to be resolved.. had offered low offer prices to counteract the excessive shipping costs, but they were denied - truth is, the high ship costs will only hurt the seller in the long run, as it forces us to offer lower offers.

will keep watching, for sure, some I got are common but fair to me prices ( even if slightly high, will post and you pros can tell me later :) ...

~ AL

nc, did you get yours you won ? I need to post pics of my first batch, when I get a chance.

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Yes it is hard when your dealing bottles with lower values, postage can easily be more than the bottle is worth.
Something I have seen over the last 10 or so years is that the low end bottles have fallen in price, while the mid range has
held up and the high end has moved up. I call this the eBay effect, as postage now figures in very highly in the low price range.
In the end, the USPS and eBay make the money...
I see it in my flasks, it will be on a table for 25, and bring 17 on eBay, plus the 5 or 6 for postage.

green dragon

Reaction score
Finally got the shipping charges worked out, and the bottles are on the way ( 25.00 beats 67.00 for shipping 18 sodas anyday ) .

KUDOS tot he selelrs for working this out, shows the selelr is alright, the system is broken .
I am anxiously awaiting the goods and will post a bunch of pics when I can, so you can tell me how I did :)

~ AL

ncbred

Reaction score
I got my first 3. I offered $7 apiece and they accepted. $15 for S&H though [&o]

ncbred

Reaction score
Thats good. I offered $7 apiece for 3 more and was denied. They wanted $9 apiece this time. For two of the bottles $9 wasn't too bad so I got those two. This time for 2 bottles S&H was $18. I emailed them about that and am now waiting a response.

I do hope they get the S&H straightened out because they seem to have alot of stuff I want. My first 3 bottles got here quicker than expected.

green dragon

Reaction score
yep, shows the shipping mechanism is broken, when you get charged more for less bottles.

the ones I got so far were in real nice shape, so that is a plus. will post pics sometime, just because. :)

prices did go up, first batch listed had buy now at 9.99 or best, now they start at 12.99 and up, or best.

still some nice pieces though. so I'll keep watchign as well. strapped for cash right now, after buying 18 of them, so much for not buying, lol....

will post updates and pics.

~ AL

KBbottles

Reaction score
You've got some good stuff! And... some overpriced stuff such as the three broken top bottle grouping, or the one squirt bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator