tiny flask?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flasherr

Reaction score
I found this short bottle that reminds me of a flask. It is 4.5" tall. I know it has no real value just curious about it.
thank you Brian

Mk25985.jpg

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
I believe these held cod liver oil. looks c. 1910-20. Yeah value's not too high, probably in the $2-3 range maybe.

Yooper14

Reaction score
I've found some of those too...al different sizes. The ones I find that ARE embossed usually say "Great Seal, Styron Beggs & Co." These usually have a tooled lip, while the plain one I have is a BIM. The Great Seal - I'm not sure what it contained. Some people say whiskey, some say cod liver oil, some say flavor extract. I'd say it's hard to tell for sure ona plain one like yours with the absence of a label. Fun looking bottles though!

Ay75969.jpg

Attachments

• Ay75969.jpg
    Ay75969.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 67

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Brian, Those things were used for cod liver oil, mineral oil, terpintine, asprins and some were actually used for whiskey samples.[8|]

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
the flat type is cod liver oil flavors extracts etc. the fatter ones are sample whiskies. i have some labeled ones of each style. yours is the fatter type thus whiskey. dmd

flasherr

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. i figured it would be to small for a wisky but i guess if you buy the good stuff you only need a little. Thanx guys
Brian

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Speaking of tiny flasks anybody seen this one? It is 2 1/8 in tall,strap sided,white milkglass. The top was ground and will not stand up because the bottom is not flat enough. The neck is fairly large for the size of the bottle. I am guessing it might have been a snuff bottle. Any ideas?

Cliff

Tr51695.jpg

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Here's another view shows the shape a little better. Look close at the whittle surface and you can almost see a face? on this side. Interesting little bottle in any case. Picked it up from a friend in New Hampshire.

Om33135.jpg

Attachments

• Om33135.jpg
    Om33135.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 59

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Cliff, I had a Great Aunt who ran a line house in the early 1900s who carried a small bottle quite a bit like yours. It had a matching top and hand painted flowers on it. She called it a "Luxe" bottle. Luxe means elegance. I ask my mom about it and she said it was a purse bottle for laudanum.[&:]
I remember her pulling the stopper and touching it to her tounge. My mom said that was to keep the buzz going.
One of the worst spankings I ever got was for playing with that bottle. I would guess they were produced for a lot of different uses.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960