Tips on finding household dumps.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

farmgal

Reaction score
It means you have donated money to the forum :D

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: The Bottleman

Well i actually donated today;D. A 16 yr old with his own debit card, maybe not this best idea. Well atleast i donated.
Great job, it makes the whole place better for us all, thanx....Jim

surfaceone

Reaction score
Well i actually donated today;D. A 16 yr old with his own debit card, maybe not this best idea. Well atleast i donated.

Way to go, Falcon! I wish more new members, and some of our older friends, would do as you have done.

bravo580pxheaderimg.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score
Huh, I donated a small bit today as well, but have had the "supporter" tag for a week or less; after i discovered that it could be activated/displayed by a simple tweaking with one's "My Avatar" settings in the "My Profile" page. I felt bad about the misleading nature of it though so making it official seemed like a good call. [:)]

This forum truly is the best as far as knowledge and wisdom goes so the investment is worthwhile. Now I can say I paid for several days of everyone's of internet access here! [8D]

justadddirt

Reaction score
wow this is just too funny!!! Plumbato decieving the forum with his faulty supporter badge.If memmory serves me right plumbato is one of the people that was bashing Chris ( Wilmingtonbottleboys) . It's funny how things come full circle & bites you in the butt. Thanks plumbato you just made my day!!!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Sorry The Bottleman, but I must address a few off-topic things.

ORIGINAL: Admin

Plumbata you were very lucky because when I find a Member with a supporters badge that has not donated they are banned for life (and I do check periodically). Not only is it fraud but it shows contempt for other forum Members.

Whoah, I guess I was indeed rather lucky then. I didn't think it was fraudulent or demonstrative of contempt for other forum members though, since it can be easily accessed and activated by anyone, or so it seems. I was just trying to upload an avatar/image and since the files were too large I just messed with that without thinking much about it at all. I am sorry for the problems it may have caused you, and despite the admonition I am still happy I donated! I sold an item to another member and figured that the forum should get a cut, since the platform of the forum was what allowed it to happen in the first place.

ORIGINAL: justadddirt

wow this is just too funny!!! Plumbato decieving the forum with his faulty supporter badge.If memmory serves me right plumbato is one of the people that was bashing Chris ( Wilmingtonbottleboys) . It's funny how things come full circle & bites you in the butt. Thanks plumbato you just made my day!!!

I wasn't exactly bashing him, just the faulty logic concerning rarity. I did, however, get caught up in the "feeding frenzy" and lowered myself to the despicable level of allowing accusations of homosexuality and stupidity to guide my ultimately thoughtless reactions in the moment. Afterwards I felt terrible about it though, and drafted an apology (as yet unsent) addressing the fact that ultimately it was a privilege to be an outside observer and that it was extremely unfair for all of us to play the part of the peanut gallery concerning the fine details of the selling of the finds. We would not have the ability to donate our unwanted 2 cents worth of judgment and opinion if we were not granted the wonderfully interesting details of the dig, and for that reason I, and many others, should have checked our negativity at the door and maintained a positive, helpful environment for Chris, not a degenerate, predatory environment that made him sorry to have even signed up as a member of this site, let alone post such an extraordinary experience. I have learned from that episode and will not fall prey to such base inclinations in the future. I am 23 you know, and have a lot of life to live and learn from before I reach your age and level of worldly understanding. I am certain that you have made mistakes yourself, over the years. No one is perfect, so the only truly wrong thing to do would be to ignore the potential for improvement upon the failings of the past.

Despite the fact that my butt feels relatively unscathed, you are quite welcome. It is truly an honor to have made your day even if it was at my expense. [;)]

JUNKMAN1

Reaction score
All I can say is do a lot of test digging here and there works for me.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson