to all in the forum

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
My personal holy grails:

Was-Cott Ginger Ale paper label

Chro-Mo bottle

Mountain Dew Party Jug

Mountain Dew Charlie Jim and Bill 28oz paper label ND/NR, Mountian Dew 28oz Charlie and Bill returnable, Tri-City Beverages 28oz bottle (simular to the Mountain Dew but in clear with different acl).

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Been online for years with a webpage gets me lots of emails (you wouldn't believe some of the ones I get) - so this one day, I get this email from some guy who has a booth in an antique shop in Florida. Says he doesn't deal in bottles, but got one (didn't say how) and says I can have it if I want it, what's my address. I figure I am going to get another one for the "pile" but give him my address. About a week later, I get this package in the mail - having forgotten all about the guy. I scratch my head, hadn't won anything on eBay, so that wasn't it. Hadn't ordered anything and didn't know anyone in Fla. So, I gave up and opened it. Then I remembered the guy who called, as I stand there, holding a perfect Charlie Jim & Bill bottle in my hand. I couldn't believe it. One of the best Dew bottles around and I get one for free (and just having a webpage with soda stuff on it). Did I send a thank you card?? You bet I did! Did I explain to him what he's sent me? Nope, I'm blonde but not that stupid. (Well, some of the time I'm not.)

Ah, the bottle gawds had smiled on me that day.....

Don't you love it when stuff like that happens?

K

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Yeah, we all have those "kicking memories." I haven't forgotten having two extra Barney and Allys - one filled (by whom, I have no idea, it was that way when I got it). I offered them in my online Fizz and what I thought was a "big collector" said he needed one and he wanted the other one for his buddy, who also needed one. So, I sold them to him, thinking I'd done a good warm and fuzzy deed for a fellow collector.....helping him out and all.

Ran into him about a year later at a show - and he didn't know who I was. I stood there and listened to him tell the guy standing beside me that he didn't keep anything, he sold everything he got (the answer in reponse to the guy's remark that if that was what he had on his table, he'd sure like to see his collection). Sure enough, when I got home, I looked on his webpage (which he'd mentioned that day too, plus it was on all his "flyers") and there they both were, sold.....at a very nice profit for himself. Heck, if that's what was gonig to happen to them, I could have done that myself!

If I had known that was all he wanted with them, I'd rather had just thrown them out the window going down the interstate. I mean, I know they were his to do with what he wanted after he paid me for them - but it was the principal that he lied to me about it. And I had made him a good deal on them because I thought he "needed" them for his own collection. Yeah, right -what collection! The one on his sales table?

K

thesodafizz

Reaction score
And, I bet there's some of you, as you read the earlier post, knew exactly who I was talking about........

celerycola

Reaction score
RE: Most Wanted

I've acquired some good bottles thanks to some very kind people out there. A few years I displayed my Celery=Cola bottles at a Midwest show. A guy from Illinois came by and mentioned he saw a gallon size stoneware Celery=Cola syrup jug at his local flea market a couple of weeks earlier priced at $140.00. I had seen three of these from Birmingham, Alabama and couldn't buy any from the owners at any price. The guy at the bottle show said he would get it for me at the next months flea market and send it to me. I offered to give him cash in advance but he said he would see if the jug was there first. About three weeks later I came home from work one day and there was a box on my front steps from the guy in IL. I sat down right there and opened it on the spot. It was a gallon Celery=Cola jug alright but an unheard of one from Nashville, Tenn.

I still need the one from Birmingham.

6CF27B8FBAB34008B33A0CD06D41FEA2.jpg

Attachments

• 6CF27B8FBAB34008B33A0CD06D41FEA2.jpg
    6CF27B8FBAB34008B33A0CD06D41FEA2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members