Today's Bottle Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mainepontil

Reaction score
We are working a construction site that is mostly frozen but starting to thaw. This area is fenced in and posted but we have permission from the foreman[:D]

Some cool finds coming out, mostly dating from the 1880's.

piles9.jpg

The piles of dirt and dump go on and on and on..........

piles4.jpg

It's still mostly frozen, but the top 4" are thawed.

piles2.jpg

Not bad for and hours time. We managed to pull out about 30 bottles.

piles8.jpg

The best find today was a CLARK STANLEY SNAKE OIL LINAMENT. Cleaned up mint.

stanley.jpg

Once this place thaws we'll take out the shovels and really dig it up. [:)]

Joel

grdigger35

Reaction score
Joel, It looks like fill being brought in from somewhere else. I'm assuming they're going to have bulldozers in there soon to level it.

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Dale~ You are correct.....It's being brought in from another construction site in the city where they are digging into the 1800's dump. My friend followed the dump trucks and found this bottle graveyard.

It's a large highway project that is scheduled to be done in 2006. They've been dumping it there since early 2004. I figure we have about a month or so before they start plowing. But quite a bit more should coming in. It's very low and wet there.

Joel

grdigger35

Reaction score
Joel, You definetly have your work cut out for you. You'll probably have nightmares about those bulldozers. Hope you get the best of them out. Best of luck!

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Dale~It's horrible knowing what is being destroyed[:(][:(][:(]

But we have managed to get several thousand BIM bottles over the last 2 years. My friend found a cobalt skull poison just last fall...laying right on top. [:D]

Still waiting for the super old pontil layers to get dug. Hopefully this is the year.

Joel

grdigger35

Reaction score
If your friend is the one that follows dump trucks, he deserves that find. I guess the good thing is that without the construction project going on they may have never been discovered at all.

heavy

Reaction score
Joel.........your girlfriend/wife looks really cute........and it looks like she may have an interest in the 'bottle thing' !

way to go

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Heavy~Thanks.....She's a seasoned veteran. I've had her digging for 16 years.[;)]

It's give and take though. After a dig I usually end up shopping [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Joel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85