Today's Dig...kinda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iggyworf

Reaction score
Yeah thats incredible. I so want to be able to find some that easy. I don't collect inks but that one is very cool.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
We have found iron pontiled green Easton squats in that same way.I once found a cobalt blue soda under a board on an open lot.Its all "right place right time".

rfellmanjr

Reaction score
we went back tonight... We dug down about 4 ft and hit construction debris from the 1970 when the houses were built so now we are really confused. It was pushing 95 degree's so we decided to look on the surface again. We found a lot of mixed stuff...a few blobs and squats, milks, meds and stoneware. I don't know much about the stone ware so I am not sure if it is old...I think the big one is a 6 gallon, then a brown one, a white one w a S on it and a Llewellyn Chestnut St which I am pretty sure it was pharm in Phila..I don't think that milk bottle is old either.. is it a repro ?We will go back and we will keep digging the hole. It is all overgrown so it is a little difficult..

Attachments

• f818517f472b4570aeff27944e482686.jpg
    f818517f472b4570aeff27944e482686.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 56

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah, that milk is a modern fantasy piece. The little white one might be as well. Sort of looks like a salt or sugar dish with that "S" on it. The other three are genuine. So you've found someone's collection buried in the woods. The question now is how the hell did that get there?

cobaltbot

Reaction score
It would appear that way? Is there other trash mixed in with the bottles? I have found squats and a pontil on the surface but that's a rare thing these days.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Perhaps, someone made the collector throw-out his collection and he put it there to come back for it later, or so another would one day find it?

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
Spirit Bear said:
Perhaps, someone made the collector throw-out his collection and he put it there to come back for it later, or so another would one day find it?
It's funny you say that, because I once came upon about 6 milk crates worth of blob tops, milks, and whiskeys mixed in with current trash in the weeds along a shore line in Queens. The age range of everything together spanned from the 1860s to the 1910s. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to read this deposit, as it made no sense. Then, after posting here about it I was informed that it was the overflow collection of a local digger, and he had stashed them all there because they were really only 10-20 dollar bottles, he lived in a small apartment, and he dealt in higher quality fare.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229