Today's finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
RE: Today finds

hi mihai, you found a really great spot. i hope you can do a lot of digging there. i'm very happy for you. rhona

dirtflicker

Reaction score

HOLY MOLY.........TALK ABOUT A HONEY HOLE........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! NICE DIGS!!!!!!!!!!!![;)]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score

Way to go Mihai!! [:D] What is the color and embossment on the Ten Pin laying down on the far left? Half the fun is cleaning them up to see what you have! Kelley

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score

I agree with Romanz. They dug a road or did some construction. Hit a big dump and dumped the piles there. Get them while the getting's good. Lot's of those rubbish pits over in England and Australia seem to be loaded with bottles and pots. I wish they were like that down here. I have to work very hard for 30 on a good day. Excellent haul!!! Good luck when you go back. Robert

#1twin

Reaction score

Wow, that is one exciting find. Congratulations on that one! I would still be in shock to find something like that, being a rookie digger. Looks like Treasure Island to me. Happy digging.
Marvin

JGUIS

Reaction score

You should catch one of the truck drivers and find out where it came from, maybe it's still an open hole.

Mihai

Reaction score

Thank you everybody for the great response. I'll try to answer to all.

Annie44, I was going for a walk with my dog but as a digger aprentice I had in my rucksack, two bags (totaly insuficient), a small spade and a small fork, the kind of hand tools you use in garden. You never know when you win the jackpot, like I've done it yesterday. And I'll post pictures of my clean loot as soon as I'll wash them. Today was not possible as I was back in my knees into the dump.

Jguis, even if the area you saw in picture the dirt is turned over, all around the ground is hard, full of plants and glass. It might be brought from another place and put on top of an existing dump.

Madpaddla, I'm still pinching myself, and no, is not a dream. It was until yesterday and now is reality.

CanadianBoy, I think the guys that brought the bulldozer took only the rarities and left the commons for us, the scavangers, and I want to thank them for this. Thank you.

Romanz, I hit the dump again today, after work, and already the cracked bottles I left behind yesterday were gone. And I found some other holes that weren't before.

Rhona, I'll go as often as my time, my health, the (in)famous british weather and especialy my wife will permit me.

Gunsmoke47, I didn't have the chance to read all the writtings. I'll post pictures with everything as I'll clean them.

Dirtflicker, thank you for the BIIIIIG words.

BOTLDGR03, I've been there again today and I went more for digging than to pick what was already on the display. In an hour I managed to dig out "only" nine. I guess we all have bad days sometimes.

#1twin, thank you for your words. Watch this space for more pictures.

And these are the new ones, with the dirt still wet on them.

02D36B1A22D54790816BF4F30E16E40C.jpg

Attachments

• 02D36B1A22D54790816BF4F30E16E40C.jpg
    02D36B1A22D54790816BF4F30E16E40C.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 91

madman

Reaction score

yo m- that is a freakin jack pot nice age!!! congrats man!!! madman

Romanz

Reaction score

Ce faci Mihai,

Did you go back and excavate that site? You need to dig right through all of that dirt mate!! By the looks of it you could end up with heaps of bottles, hundreds! I can see some real nice age in that lotaswell, sheared top poisons!!

Clean em up and show them real soon,

Eddie

Mihai

Reaction score

Madman, thank you for message.

Romanz, fac bine, multumesc! Please give details of this, a PM maybe.

I've been there again today and, as you can see, I found some more bottles. Not bad for an hour or so of digging. And then I spent three hours in cleaning station. Hope to be able to finish cleaning some soon and to post the pictures of course.

1B47EE7EAD954D69A56E2086D253FFBB.jpg

Attachments

• 1B47EE7EAD954D69A56E2086D253FFBB.jpg
    1B47EE7EAD954D69A56E2086D253FFBB.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 79

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete