Today's privy dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
god dang! You find some nice pits Doug... Do you find a lot of rocks in your pits? Seems they crapped nothing but pebbles and boulders out here... pits are full of broken bottles and more rock then anything... I cant figure it out... we dig em all crunch or not though!

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who posted replies.

Charlie, there is no great digger to it, just the lack or fear to knock on any door I come to and the ability to make a couple big holes in there yard. After that its just diggin a hole and what's in there is in there.

Tique, Thanks, but dont get me wrong ,we dig most of the pits we find. Yesterday, I just didn't want to dig a a deep one in the heat. After getting permission we thouroughly probe a lot and try and find ALL of the pits before digging any. We then, based on feel & location tried to pick the best ( oldest,crunchiest) and dig that first..We rule out ages as we dig them and if I end up with 3 pits dug that date from 1840-1895 on a 1840 house and the last pit is a big deep brickliner and I can't probe a couple ft. of glass, it isn't getting dug.Call me silly, but there is too many old pits to dig to mess with new ones in bigger cities. As far as rocks, we dig piles of them and bricks just like anywhere but I think most bottles are broke by dipping.Trust me there are a bunch of dud holes everywhere, the key is not wasting too much time on them before getting to a good one. Pits can very greatly in a given town, just by the side of town..

tigue710

Reaction score
I figured so... but what I mean is like full of rock, nouthing but rock... most we dig are like that... there seems to be a lot of broken stuff due to dipping too... Besides that my only problem is my digging partner can only find time dig one pit every month or two... that leaves the decent pits very far between!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen