Too many bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OldBottleDigger

Reaction score
About 40 years ago I found an old dump site on our property. My sister and I started digging. I think she ended up with about 700 bottles, and I had 400 or 500 hundred. We're both wondering what to do with them now? I've sold a few. I think most of them are medicine bottles, but are all boxed up and in an attic and I haven't looked at them for years. I'm going to start going through what I have, take pictures of some of them and hope to upload pics here. Might start taking them to the local Farmer's Market on Saturdays. Need to clean house!

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Please let me know if any of them are from Florida. There are numerous venues to sell your bottles, including on here, under the Buy, Sell & Swap forum, as well as Craigslist, Fleabay, and others.

botlguy

Reaction score
Where-a-bouts in Washington state? I live in Idaho just East of Spokane and am willing to come by and help you identify what you have if you aren't too far. I have little to no interest in buying or acquiring anything as I am seriously down sizing but I have lots of contacts. PM me if interested.

OldBottleDigger

Reaction score
Jim, I live not too far from Spokane also. I might take you up on that offer but I need to first get them all out of the attic and look them over. Right now I'm in the process of cleaning out things. Might have to be moving. At one time I remember having a small white bottle embossed Owl Drug. Not sure if it was one that was broken when my son knocked down a shelf with a lot of my favorites. Have some little ones that say "All Toilet preparations manufactured by Harmony of Boston. Sold only at the Rexall Store". I think they are of varying sizes. The one I have in front of me is three inches tall. Oval shaped bottle. More writing than bottle practically. Now I'm getting excited about digging out bottles! Years ago I kept reading books on bottles, but still don't know much about how to describe them. I do have a good digital camera and will try to get some pics. Then see if I can figure out how to upload them here.

botlguy

Reaction score
Just sent you a PM in case you want to make contact. Always willing to help out. I promise not to try and take advantage of you or the situation. I'm more curious than anything. I can let you know what local stuff is worthwhile and which aren't. Especially if you have Spokane stuff.

OldBottleDigger

Reaction score
Hundreds of them! Many packed in boxes I haven't opened for 30 years. Need to clean out my house. Getting old and might need to move. From the few I have looked at, appears they are pre-1900 and from the dig location I'd say most of them are. A lot of them probably not worth much, but 25 cents is 25 cents, right? There are some better ones. This was just one little box. I will attempt to take pics soon. But have many other things I'm working on too. Old records, china, junk..... So not sure how soon I will get to bottles. At this time they are packed and not in the way. But after finding this site, I'm sort of anxious to see what I do have. I've gotten the 'bug' again. Not to collect, but to see if maybe I have that 'one' that might really be worth something. After all the work of days of digging, washing and packing, I deserve a little something don't I? grin

Lordbud

Reaction score
I'd post that I would be interested in any San Francisco druggists you might come across, but I've had no luck connecting on this forum with anyone willing to transact. Kind of a "read only" forum for the Western members.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1