Torpedo & Black Glass Found

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hello All,
I seem to be one of the outcasts in this forum [:D]
There are places for all of you to put up your finds but, none for me for scuba finds how about a new section for divers????

Any hoot, I found a few treasures the other night and wrote a story about my dive and also have a picture up of the two bottles in question.

Does anyone in here know about how old that black glass bottle is and what about the torpedo???
Heres the link to my diving adventures......http://www.northeastaquanauts.com/dive_report.htm

Looking forward to finding those dates on my new bottles
Thanks

Tandy

Reaction score

[:)] Hi there, Northeast Bottlediver,
greetings from sunny South Australia. I have had a look at your site, and in particular the two bottles in question. On looking at the "black" bottle, it is my opinion that it probably dates after the 1850's. Does it have a pontil mark on the base, or any printing (embossing) anywhere on the bottle? Embossing could help to more closely identify it.

As to the "torpedo", I cant tell you anything about it, apart from a possible age, based on our "torpedoes", which date from around 1850 to 1890. If you can post a picture of the two bottles, someone else may be able to help you.

Good luck diving! Hope you find an onion.

Reaction score
Tandy,
Thanks for the info I will post a picture up now as well.
Thanks Again

Xv64203.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64203.jpg
    Xv64203.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 72

IRISH

Reaction score
Your torpedo is a typical 1880s to 1900 type, what's the embossing say ? they are nice bottles the old torp's [;)] . The black looks around the 1880s too, if you can post a good photo of the base we will be able to date it more accurately.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Louie - Nice finds. As it happens,I dug a black-glass cylinder just like yours a couple of days ago-is it olive/amber when held close to a strong light? Btw, if you ever find any deep cobalt colored torps wth strong embossing in any of your dives,theyre really quite wothless,but in lieu of tossing it,since Im one of the few that collect those crappy things, send it to me. Thanks

Reaction score
cobalt colored torps wth strong embossing in any of your dives,theyre really quite wothless,but in lieu of tossing it,since Im one of the few that collect those crappy things, send it to me.

JD,
Your a riot......[:D][:D][:D]
When I see them Old Crappy Dark Blue Ones, I take a large clam shell to them because who wants them.....[:D]
Only kidding!

I only have two of them in that color and they came off the shipwreck The Oregon in 130ft of water.

By the way I held it up to the light and your right it is an amber black color....I like it
Not as much as my torpedo but, I have always been hooked on them....
The Torp says W.E. Line Company Reading

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter