Trying to determine age and other info of barn finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mikeboomhour

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum, glad to be here and hoping to contribute.
I purchased an old farmstead in southeastern Ontario, house est 1889 and an old barn est 1848

I Found these 4 bottles in the old barn.

1. The tall clear bottle only says 16oz, a triangle and a number 6 all on the bottom. I am assuming this may be embalming fluid.

2. The champion glass company - Toronto Canada - embossed on two sides. I know this is embalming fluid, but never seen one with "Toronto Canada" embossed. Is this rare?
Zero thru 15 ozs marked up the one side. Made in USA 454 - C on the bottom

3. Eckels Bottle - also realize this is embalming fluid bottle, 1 thru 16oz on one side

4. The green bottle still has a cap wired on it, it says NB 99 UCB and has an N and a 3 all on the bottom.

Trying to determine years for these bottles.
I found it very odd to find embalming fluid bottles in an old barn. Any ideas why that would be? Embalming grandpa in the barn?

Any help, info, ideas on these bottles will be greatly appreciated. I have also recently found the old dump site and there are tons of old bottles and glass in there. I will start digging in the coming weeks and hopefully will find some great discoveries to share on this forum.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

6465FFC95F8D4941BCB9E56DE2AD0478.jpg

Attachments

• 6465FFC95F8D4941BCB9E56DE2AD0478.jpg
    6465FFC95F8D4941BCB9E56DE2AD0478.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 84

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I bought a building that belonged to to the undertaker next door - so I had embalming bottles and coffin handles and hardware - and people bought all that stuff on eBay.
Tewo of your bottles look like they have a transfer bead under the finish - so if there are vertical seams on the threads they are ABM bottles,
RED Matthews

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mike, they look 1920-40ish to me...

suzanne

Reaction score
Hey wait, did you say you are from Ontario?

As in Canada?

One thing you will find out about USA forums is that you need to stop being a pain in the ass and start your own bottle website. I am a (sometime's) proud citizen of the USA and I really don't give a hoot about a bottle you found in your freakin' barn that is probably 99% covered in cow crap. (Sorry) but I was bored and thought it would be helpful to reply to some obscure comment's.

The problem is -

There are 100's of thousands of USA bottles that will never be identified to the satisfaction of their owners or anyone else. Now you are asking us to identify you're freakin' English looking bottles from across the waters? Give us a break!
Anyone that would be offering you help would be full of

well, you know what

And! Everyone knows the US rules anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26