Tulsa Bottle Show Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
It was a good show, I was only able to add a couple bottles to my collection for what I look for, but got to see several collector friends and I think I spent more time talking than looking for bottles!

The show doesn't have much in the way of pontiled stuff, although some meds can be found. A bunch of hutches and crown top sodas along with various categories of all bottles. A ton of ACL sodas. If you're a ACL collector, this show would be a must. Lots of nice advertising of all sorts also graced the entire show.

We headed out at 6 am and got there just after the show started at 8. A few friends were set up the day before and nabbed most of the higher interest items. I did manage to grab 3 bottles though while there.

First was one that I intend to sell, a really sharp W.A. Gaines & Co. Lots of nice embossing on this one and it's a light colored beauty.

100_1659.jpg

100_1651.jpg

100_1650.jpg

100_1654.jpg

100_1655.jpg

100_1656.jpg

I was looking for any pontiled sodas and mineral waters that might have shown up there, but wasn't expecting to see many. The couple I did see I already had, but I did find this smooth based Boston porter that I didn't have and wasn't familiar with. Cool name on this guy, Scripture & Parker 31 Court Square Boston. Tod shows one from a past Glasswork auction on his site.

100_1660.jpg

100_1661.jpg

100_1662.jpg

100_1663.jpg

The best find to me tho was one I almost didn't end up getting. We was on our way out when my buddy asked me if I seen the bitters that another friend of ours got the day of the setup. He said it's got one of the best applied tops he's ever seen on a square so I had to check it out, and he wasn't kidding! It was actually one i've wanted. There are 3 variations of this bottle and I was foaming at the mouth after seeing it hoping it might be for sale. A really killer and crude example loaded with seed bubbles and well the top speaks for itself!

The seller was going to take it to have a light tumble which wouldn't hurt and keep the bottle. He knew I was interested pretty hard and said if I wanted it, to make him an offer. Well we came to a price we both was happy with and I was lucky enough to take this one home and add it to my bitters collection. That deal was done in the parking lot as we were about to get in the truck so I was fortunate to have gotten it. He already had it boxed up in his car and no one but a couple people at the show got to see it. [;)]

The OS 2781 on the reverse side is interesting, maybe 2/7/81?

~Tim

100_1690.jpg

100_1697.jpg

100_1688.jpg

100_1687.jpg

100_1673.jpg

100_1676.jpg

100_1679.jpg

100_1701.jpg

100_1698.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Nice stuff Tim, sounds like a good time...

beendiggin

Reaction score
Great condition on those. You have excellent taste in bottles and the photos make me feel like I'm holding them . OS must stand for Old Style.........that's obvious I guess.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thank you!

What makes the Old Style Bitters even more special for me is that it is a St. Louis bottle. The Union Medicine Co. Sole Proprietor St. Louis, Mo.

I should have taken more photos at the show but did snap a couple of some nice advertising while there. One of the dealers had some really great stuff including an original Dr. Morse's Indian Root Pills advertisement display including a banner! It was all in the original box which he had. I thought it was pretty sweet. Better than my camera phone can show.

z-DrMorsesIndianRootPills-1.jpg

z-DrMorsesIndianRootPills-2.jpg

There was also a standup advertising Chief Two Moon Bitter Oil

z-ChiefTwoMoonBitterOil.jpg

Wheelah23

Reaction score
That bitters is awesome! But I see no reason to tumble it. Looks fine as it is!

Also the squat is cool... Somebody in the "Digging" forum found a topless one recently.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie