tumbler wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

anj2006

Reaction score
Well hemihampton i would listen to the man thats been thete done that!!!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes, he knows more then I do, I use a different set up then everybody else. LEON.

anj2006

Reaction score
Hey everybody has there own method, what works for you might not work for the next man...

Privyprowlerz

Reaction score
HI Leon. I run mine at around 60rpm also and was told that was slow.

I'm guessing the round bottles are probably better at higher rpm and the
rectangle/squares perhaps a bit slower.

who knows. the whole bottle cleaning thing is a well kept secret.

Jim

hemihampton

Reaction score
My Friend that tumbles sez he thinks his goes 40rpm & thought mine was fast, but then I noticed he spends more time tumbling, over a week on every bottle, I've never spent over a week on any bottle but just figured my faster speed got them done faster then him. LEON.

waynedlo

Reaction score
If you want something cheap and easy to build, try an old electric ice cream maker. It turns around 40 rpm and does a great job cleaning the inside of the bottle. I use cut copper, comet and water for regular stains. Soda ( sick stains ) will take more time and a little more abrasive. I put the bottle in a sock and pack it tight with newspaper. I use those rubber floor protectors that you use on furniture legs to cap off the bottle. DSC04192.jpgDSC04193.jpgDSC04194.jpg

Privyprowlerz

Reaction score
good one Wayne!! I've heard everything from clothes dryers to skateboards!!

the advantage with the " normal " setup is that at least 2 bottles can be done inside and
out at the same time.

Wayne, you might want to get a pound of the aluminum oxide from the jar doctor. Google it. his name is Wayne also. a good guy.

Jim

waynedlo

Reaction score
I have another one with a longer can and I can do two or three small bottles, just have to pack them very carefully. Yes, not being able to do the outside is one drawback, and don't think I haven't tried to figure out to do it with this setup. I do have some aluminum oxide, but haven't had much success with really sick bottles, might be the slower rpm's. If all you have is regular stain, rust, dirt and such on the inside usually an overnight spin is all it needs to have you a nice clean bottle.
Speaking of the Jar Doctor, I met him at the national show in Memphis a couple years ago. Very nice guy.

hemihampton

Reaction score
A really sick bottle will need something courser then Aluminum oxide, something like 1200-1500 grit Silicone Carbide. Then the AO. LEON.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause