Tumbling Before and After photos

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
It looks like you have the Appropriate Set Up. I was going to say if your still using the Caveman Rock Tumbler then that's the problem. The only thing I can think of is jumping from 1200 to polish will take awhile (many days) to work because of the jump in grit. Again, try my advise on another virgin untumbled Bottle where you only use the Polish & NO 1200. LEON.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Are you using plenty of water?

I’ve been doing 1/2” h2o above the copper which is half way up the bottle? And I picked that up off YouTube. Heck, you could dyi your own brain surgery with YouTube!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
It looks like you have the Appropriate Set Up. I was going to say if your still using the Caveman Rock Tumbler then that's the problem. The only thing I can think of is jumping from 1200 to polish will take awhile (many days) to work because of the jump in grit. Again, try my advise on another virgin untumbled Bottle where you only use the Polish & NO 1200. LEON.

Now do you see why I was asking about this?
cd09904042e7fb296474235cc76c8b7b.jpg

Has anyone tried it? I’m going to have to order more polishing compound. Does anyone know if that type thing is only found online, or can y’all find it in town, ever? What’s your favorite polish? Ok, you know I have to save some frosty black bottles here- especially my natural boiled mineral water bottle. I’m glad I changed my mind about running my Jesse Moore sample bottle, just yet. So also, let’s run this, how bout? Totally virgin…. I cleaned it as much as brushes would do, last night. It’s crooked and crude, for what it is
e9b4769a180e5eb38a35781e503e4ed0.jpg

ef50f7acd25ab763c050fd0273a1fc49.jpg

It rocks when u sit it on a flat surface. What next?

I was wondering if I had run the copper in that rubber drum if that could be some of the black I’m getting? Like rubber residue?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Jar Doctor pretty much said what I said. use 1500 after 1200 to remove the frost. Then aluminum oxide Polish. With that new Virgin Bottle you have there, Wisecola from Birmingham, just use the Aluminum Oxide Polish. Do NOT use any 1200 or 1500 silicone carbide oxide. Run it for 4 days with this Aluminum Oxide Polish & come back with the Results. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Now do you see why I was asking about this?
cd09904042e7fb296474235cc76c8b7b.jpg

Has anyone tried it? I’m going to have to order more polishing compound. Does anyone know if that type thing is only found online, or can y’all find it in town, ever? What’s your favorite polish? Ok, you know I have to save some frosty black bottles here- especially my natural boiled mineral water bottle. I’m glad I changed my mind about running my Jesse Moore sample bottle, just yet. So also, let’s run this, how bout? Totally virgin…. I cleaned it as much as brushes would do, last night. It’s crooked and crude, for what it is
e9b4769a180e5eb38a35781e503e4ed0.jpg

ef50f7acd25ab763c050fd0273a1fc49.jpg

It rocks when u sit it on a flat surface. What next?

I was wondering if I had run the copper in that rubber drum if that could be some of the black I’m getting? Like rubber residue?

I don't use a Rubber Drum so have no clue what your talking about but if you do use a Rubber Drum that's probably your whole problem to your problems??????

hemihampton

Reaction score
Been more then 4 days, did you Tumble that Wisecola using my advise??? Curious what the results were????????????????? LEON.

P.S. Is this thing on? is it working?
Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Been more then 4 days, did you Tumble that Wisecola using my advise??? Curious what the results were????????????????? LEON.

View attachment 236286

View attachment 236286

Been more then 4 days, did you Tumble that Wisecola using my advise??? Curious what results were????????????????? LEON.

View attachment 236286

I’m sorry- caught up in Easter and taxes and all that stuff- and talking to Dr Wayne for a long time! I have about another $400 stuff coming from him. It was interesting to hear his take on it. I think I now know the error of my ways…. I hope! He said that he thought I was using too much of all of the 1200 brown fused followed by the polish I just ran those 2 bottles with. He said too much of even the finer polish can make them frost up?! I’ve gone thru hell-a polish here with some frosty results so that adds up . He also said they can look clear when u think they are done- you display them only to find they are frosting back up in a day (here) or a week?!! All from too much polish…. I will be measuring and not just guessing and dumping polish in. So - I’m out of polish right now! Lol! Waiting for my order of another roller assembly, another canister setup, and copper to fill that- and 2 kinds of AO polish. That copper- he has kept it the same price but when he runs out of his stock it will double in price…. So I stocked up a bit. My gut tells me he’s right about the issues I’ve had. Back to the state of the 2 bottles:
9ab95ed9a1f47645ffe6ba79b6303f69.jpg

The one with that pretty blue? Was pretty nasty before, so I really am ok with the progress on that…. But it was more clear a few hours ago. Our Wiseola? I didn’t dunk in acid yet because I don’t think it’s ready. As I said, I’m out of polish, momentarily- I have some of the same general purpose polish coming, along with some even finer AO polish. The only reason he said, he even has that carbide stuff listed is he ordered it on accident, doesn’t like it but has to get rid of it? Anyway! Soooo when that order gets here…. What next??? Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
de5d678a16ef136ade530d81f9d716e6.jpg

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I’m sorry- caught up in Easter and taxes and all that stuff- and talking to Dr Wayne for a long time! I have about another $400 stuff coming from him. It was interesting to hear his take on it. I think I now know the error of my ways…. I hope! He said that he thought I was using too much of all of the 1200 brown fused followed by the polish I just ran those 2 bottles with. He said too much of even the finer polish can make them frost up?! I’ve gone thru hell-a polish here with some frosty results so that adds up . He also said they can look clear when u think they are done- you display them only to find they are frosting back up in a day (here) or a week?!! All from too much polish…. I will be measuring and not just guessing and dumping polish in. So - I’m out of polish right now! Lol! Waiting for my order of another roller assembly, another canister setup, and copper to fill that- and 2 kinds of AO polish. That copper- he has kept it the same price but when he runs out of his stock it will double in price…. So I stocked up a bit. My gut tells me he’s right about the issues I’ve had. Back to the state of the 2 bottles:
The one with that pretty blue? Was pretty nasty before, so I really am ok with the progress on that…. But it was more clear a few hours ago. Our Wiseola? I didn’t dunk in acid yet because I don’t think it’s ready. As I said, I’m out of polish, momentarily- I have some of the same general purpose polish coming, along with some even finer AO polish. The only reason he said, he even has that carbide stuff listed is he ordered it on accident, doesn’t like it but has to get rid of it? Anyway! Soooo when that order gets here…. What next??? Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the "too much" problem when I first began. I use plenty of water and lesser amounts. I also use CASCADE to keep the foaming down. I still experiment. Wayne is a good egg. He wouldn't have stayed in business this long if he hadn't known what he was doing. Keeping my fingers crossed for your good results.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR