Two Flasks I picked up Anchor flask and Tennessee Club

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GACDIG

Reaction score
<a href=
IMG_3515_zpsdfac4312.jpg
" />
<a href=
IMG_3514_zpse285fd02.jpg
" />
<a href=
IMG_3513_zps49d950ec.jpg
" />
<a href=
IMG_3512_zps3f2a8fea.jpg
" />Here are two flask I have acquired. I was able to get at several shows lately. I dont know much about Anchor flask. Any help is needed. The other is a Old Tennessee Clue with nice embossing.

botlguy

Reaction score
Re: Two Flask I pick up Ancher flask

I think we already discussed that unusual Anchor flask but it's nice to see it again, even sitting in that precarious position. [8D] I believe it is quite unusual I would like an opportunity if it is ever available.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score

Hello Glenn, I started a thread about the same anchor flask 3 days ago that I also just picked up. There is some great information that was added by some great members. If you go back to page 15 and see the thread I started titled ( amber flask date ? ) You can read the replies so members don't have to post the same information twice. Nice find Glenn, hope this helps..... Kevin....

GACDIG

Reaction score

Thanks Kevin for the update on the information from the previous post. I missed that one. This is crazy but I payed $8 for my flask also. [8D] It was in a shop in the back by it self out place kinda. Have you or anyone seen the Old Tennessee Club. It may be common but I like the embossing on the front.

GACDIG

Reaction score

Thanks Jim, I am starting a Flask collection to go with my others so I will keep it for a while. I will let you know if I do sell it.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score

HERE'S the link and a side by side to show the angle.[attachment=anchorflasks.jpg]There are a lot of anchors, angles, sizes and colors to make a great collection of just those.Although they are called Baltimore Glass Works they were more likely when it was Baker Brothers 1870-1905, same works but different names and owners over 100+ years.Other glass works probably made them too.

Attachments

• fd775959811d4ca697034947c71e6824.jpg
    fd775959811d4ca697034947c71e6824.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 62

GACDIG

Reaction score
Very interesting with the anchor angles. I didn't really know there was but I am new to the Flask collecting and have much to learn. Thanks for the follow up Eric. I will start to collect flask with different angles. [;)]

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello Glenn, Does you flask have a smooth back or a ridge line that looks like a tombstone on the back ? Mine has the tombstone look on it, not sure what they call that ? I have seen 4 others that all have the smooth back. Just curious thanks. If anyone knows why some flasks have this marking, Please let me know. Thanks , Kevin...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey