Two small bottles & 0ne ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gregg

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what I have?
1st bottle is clear glass with cork in top. It is 5 3/4 inches tall and 1 1/4 inches in dia.
Embossed is; Omega oil, it's green. These words are inside what looks like a leaf.
Under leaf it says; trade mark. Close to bottom of bottle it says; the omega chemical co. New York.
2nd bottle is clear glass, 4 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches in dia. Embossed on one side is;
Edison battery oil,made in U.S.A., Thomas A. Edison incorporated, Bloomfield, N. J.
U.S.A. On the other side is the signature of Thomas A. edison
3rd bottle is dark amber, 14 inches tall and 2 3/4 inches in dia at bottom. This dia is the
same up the bottle for 6 1/2 inches then the bottle tapers to 1 inch at top. At top is
a glass band around top about 1/2 inch down from top. bottom has indintation about
1 inch with small raised dot in middle. There are no other marking or letters on bottle. Thanks

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Gregg, The Edison's is an interesting, yet common bottle. It was used by the railroads for battery operated signal lights, 1908-60. Enter Edison battery oil in the search area of the forums home page and you'll find some posts. The Omega bottle, is Omega Chemical Co. of NY 1890 - 1983. It was supposed to help with painful joints etc. I did a quick search and found a few places offering it for sale - $14.95 Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75