TWO SUPER CRUDE CASE GINS TO BENEFIT FORUM- PIG SNOUT, BUBBLES, BLACK GLASS!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
Thank-you, Matt! Less than 12 hours to go.......anyone ready to make a $25 donation to the forum for these two great gins???? That is only $12.50 per bottle, and you don't even have to pay shipping.......

ajohn

Reaction score
I'll go $30.00(hint:I have to go to work now and won't be back till after it is over)You guys have a good day!

annie44

Reaction score
4 1/2 hours to go.........bidding stands at $30......

annie44

Reaction score
Sold to Bent Twig for $32.00! Please make your donation to the forum and PM me your address. Once Admin confirms the donation I will get your bottles in the mail!!

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
Hi annie,
Sent you an E-mail and sent payment to the forum. Hopefully the Administrator will let us know that it was received. Thank You for two great gins and I hope the money helps keep this great forum going. This forum and its members have been a great help to me a new collector and digger.
Thanks again.

Twig.

annie44

Reaction score
Kevin,
I shipped the bottles out Friday. Enjoy!

Cindy

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Bent_twig, I have been studying case gin bottles for about fourteen years. these are both nice examples of early hand blown and formed bottles. The one with the pig snout finish has some nice marking lines created as the glass was twisted down to the desired neck diameter. I can't tell if neck glass was pushed down and tooled to make the finish form or if it was done with applied glass. One would have to examine under the finish to get a clue on that. I assume there are no mold lines on the diagonal vertical edges, so the sides were probably done with a battledore. Since she didn't show the bottom view, I can't comment on the forming there.

The Straight tapered finish on the other one is obviously applied and tooled glass. Here again I question the presence of mold seams. A lot of these were made with a seam up an edge and in to the center of the top panel side toward the neck. Also a picture of th bottom would help also.

I hope this assures you that you got a hundred bucks worth the glass! Lucky you.
RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter