Umbrella ink

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

frank

Reaction score
That's not teal blue its a little green tint to the inkwell!!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Mike...

Frank is right... I don't believe that is a teal ink...[:-] Looks like your regular, standard aqua colored umbrella ink...
Sorry about that.[&o]

I have a teal eight sided umbrella ink, I should take some photos of it and put it on the forum. Anyway, good luck with the bidding. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm interested to see where this one goes.

Wayne[&:]

huffmnd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on that, I definately do not want to list it incorrectly
I changed the listing to reflect it. Not trying to make excuses but I have never been able to differentiate the colors in blue. How old do you think that it is? It can't be too old because of the lack of a pontil.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Mike...

Yours looks to be 1880's maybe... maybe late 1870's... [:-] I'm sure the others will chime in on this thread.

The teal ink is pretty distinctive and ranges in value from $150 to about $200 maybe $225.00 depending on the pontil, condition, etc. They are really nice. I put one up on the forum a year and a half ago, when I first joined the forum. I found it underwater and it was very nice...[8D] I still have it and I will dig it out and take some more photos for you...[:)]

I also found a nice, open pontiled, aqua colored, eight sided umbrella ink ... I'll take a photo of both and put it on the forum. Tazmaineiandigger is one of the local forum ink collectors, so I'm sure he can point out the differences for you.

Wayne[&:]

mikmis

Reaction score
mike, heres a light teal one with an open pontil

97F44CE1C15C408697FE5AF05E53B492.jpg

Attachments

• 97F44CE1C15C408697FE5AF05E53B492.jpg
    97F44CE1C15C408697FE5AF05E53B492.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 79

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
mikmis...

Hey Michael... that looks like a nice Stoddard umbrella ink to the far right... great find!! [8D] Where'd you get that one? (I guess you know that I love the Stoddard bottles, huh?[:-])

Wayne
I only collect what I find underwater

mikmis

Reaction score
i wish it was wayne but its just a bad repair on what i think was an outward rolled lip like the other two. the color would of been great its olive yellow with just a hint of green in it .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baumbers