under the bricks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
nice group there madman. i like the blackberry wine crock. i always think of blackberries as something to make pies and perserves out of. but since i been collecting bottle i've seen bottles for anything from blackberry medicine to blackberry cola and everything in between.

BottleArchaeologist

Reaction score
Mike,

I can't find a reference to the J&J embossing on the base but it might be Johnson and Johnson. It seems to fit with the type of bottle and the probable dating of it.

Scott

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MIKE...veryyyy nice!!! Especially the blackberry jug...a "Keeper" for sure.

ohhh ...J&J could be Johnson & Johnson as suggested. They made a variety of medicinal products in the early years...Probably held mercurochrome or methiolade...ie...a "poison" bottle.

Yooper14

Reaction score
Way to stick with it!! Man, those crocks are SWEET! I never seem to find them intact!!
I thought that little blue was a bromo-seltzer at first. Guess not.

Great stuff! I think my favorite is the "new life" pill. LEt me know if you want to let that one go...I'll take it.

Tim Soper

madman

Reaction score
wow thanks to all who replied to this post, ive found jugs before always broken, ive found another blackberry jug but it was broken damn, i bet theres one more in that dump hmmmm, but where? also thanks for the info on the j&j bottle the dr kings im gonna keep only one ive found but if i find another its yours yoop! thanks whiskeyman and bd and ba, heres todays finds

Zx70872.jpg

madman

Reaction score
any info on this, some one said they had an ohio book on pharms mike

Xv63372.jpg

madman

Reaction score
heres alans famous 5 gallon soaking bucket filled solid with bottles lol mike

Vt58461.jpg

alan23t5

Reaction score
yep theres my bucket, im gonna do that soaking idea and its getting easier to clean them bottles. Hard work digging today. had to dig through 2-3 feet of solid bricks, then hit small layer of fill about 1 feet and thats worth it. i really cant wait to go back.

alan

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter