Undug? Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Buttoner

Reaction score
I have had my eye on a local small town dump for several weeks but the weather has held me back. I am friends with an elderly local lady and she said "everybody has dumped their stuff there for years". On a walk thru a couple weeks ago I found a ACL "Goody" soda. So sun bleached the logo was barely readable. A glass jar with the Thatcher Glass Mfg Co. logo, some embossed Duraglas fragments, a Hazel Atlas jar bottom, Brockway Glass Co. jar (with a B in a circle), and a broken piece of an embossed P. J. Ritter Co. soda from Phila., made by the Olean Glass Co. This was all on the surface or sticking out of the ground. Did no digging or probing since I was scouting and getting the lay of the land. All I found was pretty new. Didn't really look worth digging.

However....the dump is just north of the town that was settled in the late 1700's, and along side a road that ran from the town to a ferry was was also started in the late 1700's. Oh! Did I also mention that the dump is between the road and a rail line put in around the mid 1800's that was used during the Civil War to transport troops? It has potential. I will keep you posted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles