Unicorn Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LtlBtl

Reaction score
The Unicorn in question is the local holy grail of ACLs. One sold a little while back for in excess of 300. More than A few people hit estate sales all through the Mon Valley hoping to find it.
Almost as mythical as namesake

bottlingco

Reaction score

Ohio Rob,
I don't have a picture, but it has a large Unicorn on the front. The label is orange, with the Unicorn in blue. You would know it from the description if you saw it.
I realize people that live nearby always like local bottles, but an accurate description is that it is a difficult bottle to find, because Monongahela is a small river town. I am certainly willing to step up and pay a fair price for one.
I also collect all ACL bottles with pictures on them. There are equally nice bottles from every state, as most towns of any size back in the day, had a bottling company. Ohio is no exception. Don't hesitate to contact me if you come across the Unicorn or any picture label ACL. Thanks for your interest.
I would love to see some pictures of your ACLs.
~bottlingco

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlingco

The Unicorn ACL I am looking for was made by the Thompson Beverage Company of Monongahela, PA. ~bottlingco
Monongahela

I can't even find the company with a google search in that town...odd

bottlingco

Reaction score
Yes, we're talking a small operation from back in the day. Definitely not the monopolized world we live in today, where everyone's heard of it. These monopolies help drive inflation and eliminate competition. Those were the days of Americana, that we collectors love.
~bottlingco

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter