Union Beer Co. Tarrs PA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sheila

Reaction score
Last question I promise! (unless someone wants to comment on or see an old Yough Brewing bottle from Connellsville, PA. !) The bottle in the pic below has Union Brewing Co. LTD Beer. Tarrs, PA in the ribbon under the crest. Union Made on the bottom. I'm very familiar with Tarrs, Pennsylvania but I don't think I ever heard of a brewery there. Was it part of Pittsburgh brewing? I know Mount Pleasant Brewing was. The bottle is about 9 3/4 inches tall. Anyone familiar with it?

Yw68587.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68587.jpg
    Yw68587.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 53

whiskeyman

Reaction score
SHEILA...welcome to the Forum.
Had a bottle like the Tarr's once and have seen a couple at shows. Sold mine for $25 on Ebay about a year ago. It had a most unusual mouth not typically seen on beers...
The brewery probably dated to before 1900 is maybe why you haven't heard anything about it. Possibly didn't remain in business long for various reasons. The local library there may have some info about it on microfilm...old newspapers,directories, etc.

sheila

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I will probably try to sell this one. I did notice that there's a crack in the neck. Probably won't be worth selling now! Oh well, I'm off to dig through Mom's basement again today, there's gotta be a treasure in there somewhere! LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin