Unknown bottles, help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
A number of years ago I vacationed in Victoria and did a few dives.
I found some cool bottles some Thorpe, Morley, Victoria Brewing and maybe my best find was a A. Philips Victoria B.C ginger beer.
One of the earliest A. Philips bottles and it has a barnacle on the back of the neck.
View attachment 240098
I don't know much about ginger beer bottles but what I have noticed is that they really seem to be keeping their value. There must be a lot of serious ginger beer collectors out there. I don't have any at the moment but always watching. Is it spelled "Philips" or "Phillips"? When I was younger I thought about taking up diving, mainly because I wanted to find bottles but I never did get around to it. Plus we don't have a lot of great places to dive here in central Alberta. Now, if I lived on the coast I probably would have jumped at the opportunity. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Victoria.

Huntindog

Reaction score
I don't have the bottle handy so I can't tell you how it is spelled.
Yeah, we had a great time diving. found so cool stuff too.
It was a great vaca.

Bohdan

Reaction score
No, as I said a number of times previously. I purchased the collection because I wanted a few bottles in the collection for myself. The previous owner would not sell individual bottles and I had to purchase the entire collection, much of which I didn't want. What would you have me do? Am I supposed to just throw away or give away the rest of the collection? That would mean I would be paying hundreds of dollars for a few bottles which were worth far less than that. Now that I have the bottles, I am trying to get as much information as possible so I can let future buyers know what they are getting. Again, what is wrong with that? Remarks like yours are totally uncalled for. I happen to live in an area where there are few collectors, partially because the opportunity to find or dig for bottles is very limited, if nonexistant. So the only way to get new bottles is through purchases which sometimes require buying entire collections to get a couple bottles. I guess you must either be independently wealthy and can just throw away cash/bottles or else you happen to live somewhere where you are able to find your own. Either way, keep your impolite remarks to yourself and if you don't want to help others, that is your choice.
Got a whole collection here for you.
Bottles, rare old tools, mining memorabilia, very rare books and much more. Bring/send cash.

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Got a whole collection here for you.
Bottles, rare old tools, mining memorabilia, very rare books and much more. Bring/send cash.
If you live in the Slocan area you probably do have some very interesting bottles I would like for my collection. However, while I was able to purchase a nice collection from the fellow on Vancouver Island, he was just trying to get rid of his bottles as he was moving to Thailand. I got a fair deal considering I just wanted a few of the bottles for myself. Now I can let the rest go cheap to someone else that wants them and they will be happy too. That being said, I am always looking for more bottles as, in my previous post, I can't find much in my area so the only way I get new bottles for my collection is to purchase them. Do you have photos of what you have available? Also, where would I need to go to purchase these? I happened to be visiting the grandkids on Vancouver Island when I came across the previous collection so I was able to just load up the trunk and drive home. Postage makes purchasing bottles through the mail far too expensive.

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Sorry, we just got back. We will be heading out again in the spring.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp