UNKNOWN

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBDABOLINA

Reaction score
just got a copy of the Coke Bottle Checklist and noticed a lot of "U" (unknowns). does this necessarily mean that the bottle is scarce or rare? also, if you have an 'unknown' bottle, does Mr. Porter want to know about it? thanks in advance...

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I thought that was from more that 10 years ago. What year? The unknowns may be known now and he won't not care anymore if he passed.Sad but true.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Cows: Are you saying that Bill Porter passed away? The reason I ask is because you used the word 'if' Please tell us more. Thanks Bob

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I have know idea but it happens. I still have no word on Kathy but one never knows. Sucks, but it is life, you hope for the best but it happens. Many members here have passed unexpectedly.I remember when Ron passed it was not shown here until several months later and he got birthday greetings the next year.Maybe that's not a bad thing but it was odd saying "did you know".That's one reason I don't miss the B-day thing. It happens that a wish goes out and after you find the worst happened.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
ROBDABOLINA said:
just got a copy of the Coke Bottle Checklist and noticed a lot of "U" (unknowns). does this necessarily mean that the bottle is scarce or rare? also, if you have an 'unknown' bottle, does Mr. Porter want to know about it? thanks in advance...

ROB I'm not sure what cows is referring to, but based on you saying "just" got a copy, I am assuming you received it from Bill Porter himself and that it is a recent edition. However, if you did not receive it from Bill, where did you get it? And what edition is it? Anyway, if Bill is still around, and I sure hope he is, I'm sure he would appreciate hearing about any bottle previously listed as unknown. Depending on what bottle it is, and in what condition, I'd say it would certainly be worth more to someone, somewhere, especially if it was a bottle they needed to fill a gap in their collection. Here's Bill Porter's public email address. If he's still around, he might be interested in purchasing or trading any unknown or other bottles he does not already have. The last time I communicated with him, I believe he said he currently has about 1,500 hobbleskirts. ??? oldcokes@aol.com

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's part of what I mean. The sodafizz and all the links are still working but there is no word on whether it still exists. Does it, it seams not?I know of a lot of links on the internet that are still there, sometimes for MANY years, but still no good and outdated for whatever reason.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
That's part of what I mean. The sodafizz and all the links are still working but there is no word on whether it still exists. Does it, it seams not?I know of a lot of links on the internet that are still there, sometimes for MANY years, but still no good and outdated for whatever reason.

Cows: Rick Sweeney lives here in the San Diego area and I have been to his home several times. Although I have not spoken to him in about two years, the last time I did he told me that Kathy was still okay at that time. He also told me the Soda Fizz is kapoot and is no longer in publication. He said he occasionally receives a check from someone that either wants a copy of his book or else wants to subscribe/join the club, but that he sends their check back and informs them they are no longer in existence.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Bob, you gave me that email back in nov 2013. I emailed about the coke check lists and got no reply. How old would he be? I hope he is still around. I would like a copy of the book.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I believe Bill is in his early to mid 60s. I sent him an email about two months ago but did not get a reply, which I found strange but I did not send a follow-up. I know Bill is/was on facebook and maybe something can be found there. I'm not sure when these pictures were taken, other than they are from at least two or three years ago. The first one is from Facebook. I can't recall where I got the second one.

Attachments

• f5cb7ce02df046e8bbec35bba607a75f.jpg
    f5cb7ce02df046e8bbec35bba607a75f.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 6c95de5660ff421997f9b4ecd86d5bf4.jpg
    6c95de5660ff421997f9b4ecd86d5bf4.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 60

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. Bill last posted a message on Facebook on April 2, 2014

Latest posts

Members online