Unlisted Baltimore Horse Med

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
I just realized there was a picture of the Doc on that geneology website. Still haven't heard from the vet office. Photo was taken on Baptism day of Mary Elaine Spranklinin 1931. In the photo are Thomas William Spranklin, great grandfather, John William Spranklin, grandfather, and Frederick Wm Spranklin, father.
93A325ECEA004686B37F47435E45153C.jpg

Attachments

• 93A325ECEA004686B37F47435E45153C.jpg
    93A325ECEA004686B37F47435E45153C.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 74

RedGinger

Reaction score
Oh man, what a find. Joe loves those vet meds. I do too. I've only found one shard(Distemperine). I liked the way you photographed it with the horseshoes.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Great find! Let us know everyone's reaction from the bottle club meeting! How exciting - I simply love finding out the history/story behind a bottle! Your research on this one was fantastic...and I enjoyed you sharing the "journey" of how you found out about it. I am in full agreement with you - I do a search here for the embossing and if nothing comes up I think - hummmm - cause there is a little bit of everything on the site!

Curious...when you (or anyone else reading this) DO find out history/facts on a bottle (like the pic above, etc) do you print out the info and keep files somewhere...or 3 x 5 cards...?

Maybe I should start a new thread on this...but I would like to know how everyone records info on their stuff? I thought about getting one of those "clicker" label makers and putting #'s that reference either reference a 3 x 5 card or better yet a computer list (then you type links/etc) so that I know and - one day - my family will know what they are holding in their hands so they don't sell it for a quarter at a yard sale!

Anyhoo...love your research...also...the bottle appears to be slightly cornflower blue in the pics (not aqua)...I like that!

Tinna

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I would like to know how everyone records info on their stuff?

I keep track of about 7000 different medicine bottles so I use MS Access database.
There arent alot of other options to be able to quickly sort, search, and format that much data.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

I would like to know how everyone records info on their stuff?

I keep track of about 7000 different medicine bottles so I use MS Access database.
There arent alot of other options to be able to quickly sort, search, and format that much data.

Wow...7000...now THAT is one heck of a database!!! Are these bottles that you have and/or have had over the years or like a list (of ones you have - want - see - etc...) and you note if you have them, see them, price points over the years, etc...maybe add pics too... Again - WOW is the only word that can describe that!

>>For the bottles you have do you actually mark them in any way? Like with a list # or something so if you picked it up off the shelf...you could pull up all the info on it?

Access is a fantastic program...for the query possibilities alone - I should have thought of that - I guess I should start my inventory on a list first and then convert it over to access to add future items.

Thanks,
Tinna

GuntherHess

Reaction score
For my own collection I use an excel spreadsheat because it makes it easy to keep track of totals for what I paided and sold them for.

Wilkie

Reaction score
I use access too but I'm always looking for something better. I taught myself access but still have a lot to learn. I am not real familiar with using excell though. Right now I have several different formats that I can view or print my collection. Here is one view:

F197DD5D3DFD4541A551D5E0BC9273E0.jpg

Attachments

• F197DD5D3DFD4541A551D5E0BC9273E0.jpg
    F197DD5D3DFD4541A551D5E0BC9273E0.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 78

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.