Unusual Medicine w/original contents

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

newtothebottleworld

Reaction score
This bottle was purchased with a couple of other posts i have on here.To me it is odd to see a threaded cap and a glass stopper on the same bottle.The contents were to be taken by syringe only.The label gives the instructions for dosage,and says do not touch the bottom of the glass stopper.The contents of the bottle is Subculoyd Lobelia.Unfortunatly the metal lid is cracked in two places,and there is a crack in the neck as well.The damage does not matter to me though because it is something i plan on keeping.I was wondering if anybody knew how old the bottle might be,and if anybody has seen another like it.

Lj21510.jpg

Attachments

• Lj21510.jpg
    Lj21510.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 58

newtothebottleworld

Reaction score
pic of the bottom,there is a mark on the bottom( A diamond with the letter m in the center).

Us54019.jpg

Attachments

• Us54019.jpg
    Us54019.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 59

capsoda

Reaction score
It dates from the late 1800s to the early 1900s. The stuff in side was a live cultured plant extract. Lobelia is the name of the plant. The other word, Subculoyd, has to do with live/living celulose. [&:][:'(]

I don't have a referance for an M in a diamond.

Seeing your bottle just solved a mystery for me. I have some tops like that and could never find what they went on.[:D]

Very cool bottle.

newtothebottleworld

Reaction score
Thanks Warren.Something else i noticed on this bottle,and forgot to mention is the drug company is LLoyd Brothers.This formula was prepared by Dr. E. Jentzsch under the name LLoyd's Hypodermic Lobelia,according to the label.

David E

Reaction score
"M" inside a circle is since 1916 Maryland glass, for
Emerson Drug. Nothing found for "M" inside of a diamond

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960