Unusual Soda Pop Bottle...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey guys..( and gals of course..),

My son gave me a bucket of old soda pop bottles he found in a barn... mostly coke, pepsi, mountain dew and Squibbs....not too old..late 50's 60's but....

There is an 8 oz. "Shake Break" bottle I have never seen...painted label both sides of neck says "Shake Break",tm,...two star like thingys, and "keep refrigerated", 8 1/4 inches tall, ringed half way up from bottom (15 or 20 rings), base has NW joined at 12 o'clock, 65 at 2 o'clock, and 4 at bottom...I know it's not too old..but has anyone seen one? I am keeping it for my collection because it is one I have never seen before. Just curious..thanks for any info you may have

This is the most awesome site I have ever been to...your bottles make my collection look like a yard sale grab bag collection! envy envy..drool drool[8D]

DR J

maineahh62

Reaction score
Shake Break
hello drjhostetters, i found this question in my search, i hope it gives you some good info.

Does anyone out there remember Shake Break? We had it when i was in about the 1st through 3rd grade.... 1965 to 1968 maybe... Lived in Yakima, Washington... don't think it was just a local thing.
It came in something like an 8 to 10 oz glass bottle, and it was in machines in my school. Was a dime a bottle. It was like a thin milkshake in a bottle.The flavors were Chocolate, Orange, and Strawberry... might have been one more.
It was the best stuff ever, and would love to see someone produce it again

maineahh62 takes no credit for the info here, all i did was find the right word's to enter into a search engine and it produced the result's, forgive me if it seem's like i am taking credit for any info posted.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey Drj - you don't happen to have a 'Clearock' soda bottle in that batch do you? Please check my post from 3/22 in the 'Soda & ABM' forum for the picture. I still haven't been able to find anything about it. What's driving me crazy is that I grew up in NY, the bottle is from Peekskill, and I never heard of it. Not old, just puzzling me.[:-]

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Thanks maineahh62...

you answered my question about the age of the bottle...like I said... just an unusual bottle that caught my eye...cleaned up beautiful...will look nice on top of our cupboards...
and Mainedigger..I haven't had a chance to go through all the bottles my son found...and (silly me) I said I found Squibb bottles...I meant Nesbitt...'member those little squatty bottles of Orange Nesbitts? And maineahh62....there are a lot of old good tasting products that have gone the way of "cut back..down size and cheapen but raise prices"..such as when I was a kid...Dairy Queen ice cream tasted like Dairy Queen ice cream..key word.."CREAM".. it was so creamy tasting..nowadays it tastes like white colored water...alas...how I long for the old days...and yes I can remember when gasoline was 16 cents a gallon!

Again thanks for your help...good hunting..your next treasure is just around the next corner...guaranteed.[;)]

DRJ

David E Dearden

Reaction score
I think the person from Yakima WA solved that. Hard to understand your (for me anyway) 12 o'clock and such positions. But Seattle has one bottle maker if still in business. With NW in o'clock positons since 1931. And that is only a mountain top away from Yakima.

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Dear David E.,

Thanks for you reply...sorry about the confusion about clock positions....if you looked at the bottom of the bottle and the N and W,( which are joined by a line from the top of the N to top of the W), (wish I could learn how to use my web cam to take pictures! and post them!!!), would be at the 12 o'clock position, then travel clockwise to the 2 o'clock position there is the number 65, (I think this means the date it was molded, ie 1965), then the number 4 is at the bottom of the circle, maybe the month??? like I said it was just an oddity for me and I cleaned it and put it on top of my cupboard with a couple of dozen other odd bottles I have collected in the last 5 or 6 years..

Again thanks...

DR J[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter