Unusual Warranted Flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

theroadwarrior10

Reaction score
Yeah the one you have is a common one. It is a little hard to say because your right there is about a 20 year period where they were made. The one I have pictured might be 1890s.

rmckin

Reaction score
Hi
My flask is green,but seems to be lighter than Your's. It's one of only two flasks that I've found. The other one is a plain un-embossed bottle. I'm waiting for some of my family members to come around with a camera, perhaps tomorrow, or I might attempt to cobble my old one back together...
BTW, Your flask collection is quite impressive.
I'm more of a digger, and ya never know what might show up.
Thank You for Your time.[;)]
Ron

theroadwarrior10

Reaction score
Thank you. I enjoy them because most of mine I pay 5-10 bucks for. That pretty affordable.

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Sometimes I think every glasshouse used a slightly different mold for their flasks. IF you really get into them, there are uncountable variations, such as all the different "Warranted", then there are the "Registered" flasks, the "Honest Measure" and the "Guaranteed" flasks, and let us not forget all the "Full Measure" flasks...........oh, and then there are the multiple embossed examples, such as "Trade Mark/Registered/Guaranteed/Full 1/2 Pint/slug plate/Capacity 8 Ozs." just to leave no doubts, and in sizes from 1/4 pint up to quart, and colors too!

theroadwarrior10

Reaction score
I noticed your name is NYC Flasks, that is so cool. Flask are indeed my passion and I am on the hunt for as many variations as possible. I have one Warranted Flask that has the address stamped on the bottom. Broadway St New York. I enjoy it because I have never seen one like it.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So here are some thoughts, Wayne I think I sent you a comment this morning about your flask with the glass thickness in the bottom distribution. It is a nice old flask with bottlemakers error showing like that.

I noticed in this thread a fair amount of feeling or wondering why the flasks are so different. You have to realize that each and every bottle usually had to be sold by a different salesman - selling to a different company - with the seller and buyer being different people and usually for slightly different products, being made in different furnaces with different glass batch mixing. There is no way they wouldn't be different.

I have a few flasks but I like to get the ones with different marks on the molds that show different methods, mistakes made in the forming and especially errors that become bottlemysteries - where we have to wonder why it happened - or what caused the mark.

It is all part of the fun of collecting and studying how they were made (right or wrong). Today's bottles are designed to get the sale and appeal to the customer. Today's parison form is designed by computers programed by the limited knowledge that they had to put into the computer programs; but I have even saved some of the Perfect Bottles that are made today. They can be interesting, especially when one realizes that they shouldn't even be that well done.

Just had to put some words together to satisfy my two cents. The best bottle in the thread is still Wayne's. RED Matthews

theroadwarrior10

Reaction score
Well I cannot tell you how much I actually appreciate that info. Flasks are my passion. I guess what I really am looking for is as many embossed flask with distributers names, along with as many guaranteed, Warranted, Registered, ect variations. Just a simple as "Warranted" be placed differently strikes a bit of interest. Like you said there were so many different companies and makers. The hunt is on and the book will never close.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter