Update

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Hi
I am a nephew of Kathy's / thesodafizz

Kathy had a massive stroke on the operating table last week on the 19th. She was in ICU for 6 days to be moved to triage. She begins rehab Monday.

Affected most are her speech and right side, especially her arm. She is right handed, which makes everything difficult.

To say she is upset and depressed over this is an understatement.

Any words of encouragement from any of you who know her will be appreciated and passed on to her.

Thanks
Kathy's nephew, William

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Thanks. I will pass your words to her.

She thinks I only said the surgery didn't go well. She's still quite reeling from what did happen. The surgery itself, for what it was, went fine. A stroke wasn't supposed to be part of this.

We, me, my granny, Mom and Uncle Stanley, have been trying to keep her spirits up.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I don't know Kathy, but have read a few of her posts on this forum and she seems like a very caring person. I wish her the best in her recovery and let her know that her posts here are missed and have made her part of our little bottle family.

Kate

capsoda

Reaction score
Tell her we are thinking of her and that she is in our prayers.

I recovered from a stress related stroke when I was 37 that left me in the fetal position for several weeks. It takes work but it can be done.

glass man

Reaction score
WHAT A DRAG. YEAH TELL HER WE ARE PRAYING FOR HER AND ROOTING FOR HER.I GOT A LITTLE BOTTLE I COULD SEND HER WOULD THAT HELP? WHERE WOULD I SEND IT TOO? YOU KNOW? THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW! JAMIE

T D

Reaction score
Hey William, I've been collecting ACLs for years, and have know Kathy through the Soda Fizz. There is hardly a person more dedicated to the soda collecting community than Kathy. God bless, and many prayers for a speedy recovery.

digdug

Reaction score
I hate to hear this about Kathy. I have talked to her at a few bottle shows, and always enjoyed seeing her. I hope that she will recover quickly! She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem